• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Red Bull Air Race

badger16

None
Why do these races have to be so far away from me? I mean how cool would it be to watch these guys fly up against the Beautiful back drop that is Wisconsin's dairyland. Instead of pylons they cold just fly between the Silo's! It would be beautiful.:icon_tong

SQUIDutah

pilot
I am there on Saturday. Harbor tours is offering a special for $30 to see the race from 2-6PM. Not too bad when you think of spending $10 for standing room only on the harbor.

CPENgunner

Anyone have any updates regarding whether or not the race is still going this weekend with all the crap weather that is expected.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
Wow...thats a very short (tight) course. Is Reno/Stead anything like that, or more spread out?

kejo

pilot
yeah figures the rarest of thunderstorms in the san diego area is supposed to coincide with friday's opening races...still, just got my tix so i'm excited to check it out...saw them practicing on wednesday, it's heinous

montellv

Professional Badguy
pilot
Look for Navy F-5's from VFC-13 doing a fly over to start the festivities. It should be me on Saturday if the wx holds up.

2sr2worry

Naval Aviation=world's greatest team sport
Been watching practice yesterday and today from the carrier pier at North Island and from First Street in Coronado. It's a great show. I hope the weather works out. Pretty cool hi-speed photo ops as they pass through the pylons.

gtxc2001

See what the monkey eats, then eat the monkey
pilot
Contributor
It's almost too good to be true that I got PCS'd to Camp Pen just in time to go check the races out. Anyone from NASNI or San D have reccomendations on how to use the public transportation to get to North Embarcadero?

vicariousrider

War Eagle!
What's the skinny on TV coverage? Anyone know if it'll be live or replayed?

I second that. I've been looking around but I've come up empty. Anyone know when/where we can find coverage of the event, t.v. or otherwise? I've been to the Red Bull Air Race website and found nothing about the televising of the event.

2sr2worry

Naval Aviation=world's greatest team sport
Amtrak/Coaster can get you to the downtown station. From there you can walk three-four blocks to the waterfront. A great place to see the event would be from the deck of the Midway. Wear your uniform and I think you can go onboard for free. Check their website.

Here's the latest story from the newspaper. Some good info and graphics.

puck_11

Growler LSO
pilot
I was trying to take the COD through the pylons, but I don't think we'd fit.

They did a replay of all of the times that the racers hit the pylons and it was a pretty cool sight. I imagine the COD would take them both out at the same time!