• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Red Bull Air Race

nugget81

pilot
I second that. I've been looking around but I've come up empty. Anyone know when/where we can find coverage of the event, t.v. or otherwise? I've been to the Red Bull Air Race website and found nothing about the televising of the event.

According to TVGuide.com, FSN will show the "Air Race World Series" on Monday at 2:00 pm CDT. Monday's (25 Sept 07) one-hour episode will show coverage from Interlaken, Switzerland (race was on 15 July 07). Earlier this week it was on at the same time, but showed Istanbul, Turkey (race 02 June 07). I'd say it's a pretty safe bet that it'll be on or about that time on Mondays for a few weeks. ;)

vicariousrider

War Eagle!
According to TVGuide.com, FSN will show the "Air Race World Series" on Monday at 2:00 pm CDT. Monday's (25 Sept 07) one-hour episode will show coverage from Interlaken, Switzerland (race was on 15 July 07). Earlier this week it was on at the same time, but showed Istanbul, Turkey (race 02 June 07). I'd say it's a pretty safe bet that it'll be on or about that time on Mondays for a few weeks. ;)

Roger that. Unfortunately, I don't have the digital cable out here that would get me FSN. Google and YouTube will be my best friends for coverage. :D

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
I'm curious as to how one gets on an air racing team, other than just being fabulously wealthy!

xmid

pilot
Contributor
If you go on Red Bull's air racing page most of them started out as unlimited aerobatics champions of some sort. So yes... fabulously wealthy... A few airline pilots are doing pretty well

CPENgunner

I went to qualifying yesterday. It was the most unbelievable thing I have ever seen. Plus, they did flyby's of vintage and modern Naval aircraft for about 2 hrs prior to race time and for about an hour afterwards. Got to love the super hornet pilot for applying full afterburner as he passed stage center. Rattled the hell out of those windows of those condo's and sure as hell pissed of more than one resident. Haha! Red Bull BO-105 did aerobatic manuevers that would make any fixed wing aerobatic pilot's jaw drop except he was in a helicopter. Finally, to top this off, CDR Dimateo (on of the show marshall) made jabs at the Air Force about every 4 to 5 mins or so throughout the whole race. Throw in beers, hot, almost naked women and you can't ask for a better afternoon. Hope you all get a chance to go

klpilot

Dear God, I wish I could be there now!! I tried my damndest, but no dice :( I hope everyone has an amazing time and the wx holds out!

nugget81

pilot
Anyone else hear about Kirby Chambliss taking off from the deck of the Midway? They had a small article about it on redbullairracing.com.....

Catmando

Keep your knots up.
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Anyone else hear about Kirby Chambliss taking off from the deck of the Midway? They had a small article about it on redbullairracing.com.....

Had a friend sailing in the bay just off the bow of the Midway who saw it. Said it was incredible!

Here's 2 youtube links.

2sr2worry

Naval Aviation=world's greatest team sport
Fun Day at the Races

The bad weather predicted never showed. Beautiful skies all afternoon and a great show by the Red Bull Racers, along with historic aircraft fly-by's, the wackiest helo demo flight I've seen (loops and rollovers), and a wrap-up with the Hornet, Prowler, and F-5's. Pretty neat seeing the Rhino with the Prowler plugged in and tanking as they passed the crowds, followed by some power demonstrating climbs from the Rhino.

Today's Union Tribune said 70,000 folks watched the races and that the organizers and the Red Bull team both wanted to do it again next year. Great pics at the team's web site:

http://www.redbullairrace.com/

MPH

UCbearcat

Lawn Dart
pilot
Since the races are starting up again...

Anyone going to the Detroit races? Tickets go on sale the 15th (tomorrow). I thinking about making the 4+ hour trek up there.

Meatloaf

pilot
I'm thinking about going to the Detroit show... it will be interesting to see how many people turn out for it.