• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Recruiters

Rearden

So what's broken on this jet today, Chief?
None
My recruiter was really nice and hooked me up so that I could be closer to home, basically. I'm from an area that's quite a ways (over 2.5 hours) from the nearest officer recruiter, so they assigned me to an enlisted recruiting station in the city I'm from. That's how I got hooked up with this particular job. In my case, I ended up on OHARP longer than most people (5 months and counting, now) because of the extra-long wait that's currently in effect for NFO's.

Mav87

I spoke with an OSO yesterday at my colleges' career fair and he said that if you fail out of flight school they can either transfer you to a different community or you will be "released from the Navy" because it's just not working out. Is there any truth to this?

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I spoke with an OSO yesterday at my colleges' career fair and he said that if you fail out of flight school they can either transfer you to a different community or you will be "released from the Navy" because it's just not working out. Is there any truth to this?

In the past several years they have released guys that attrited from flight school, if they wanted out. HOWEVER, that is not what the contract says. They are letting guys go to suit their needs. In my day, (maybe someday again in the future), the letter of the contract was followed. Attrites from flight school were sent to other communities and you did a minimum of 4 years active duty. Do not plan on getting out if you fail to get winged. It could all change tomorrow.

Goob83

None
In the past several years they have released guys that attrited from flight school, if they wanted out. HOWEVER, that is not what the contract says. They are letting guys go to suit their needs. In my day, (maybe someday again in the future), the letter of the contract was followed. Attrites from flight school were sent to other communities and you did a minimum of 4 years active duty. Do not plan on getting out if you fail to get winged. It could all change tomorrow.

THis is very true. each person is case by case and the NEEDS OF THE NAVY. Don't count on going home if you attrite it is not an automatic thing nor should a recruiter be telling you this when they have no clue what will happen

EM1toNFO

Killing insurgents with my 'messages'!!
None
And not only do you have an O Recruiter, I'm an E recruiter and now am strictly recruiting for Nuclear Enlisted Programs, but can answer just about any active duty Enlisted question concerning recruiting... shoot me a PM if ya have any ?'s

Starscream

Thanks for the info RockyMtnNFO. I had a question of my own though. I have a degree in Marine Biology, graduated a community college with a 3.26, and a University with a 3.13. Are these competitive as far as G.P.A.s go?

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Thanks for the info RockyMtnNFO. I had a question of my own though. I have a degree in Marine Biology, graduated a community college with a 3.26, and a University with a 3.13. Are these competitive as far as G.P.A.s go?
Depends on the program you are applying for. For an Aviation OCS application that is in the ball park. Keep in mind the board considers much more then just GPA when it comes to academics.

Starscream

Thanks for the information wink. I listed oceanographer, naval flight officer and naval aviator as my top three choices on my application. I am on a waiting list for an instructor at an airport in Destin, FL (I have already started ground school).

Starscream

I recently took the ASTB and received the following scores:
Academic Qualification Rating (AQR): 5
Pilot Flight Officer Rating (PFAR): 6
Naval Flight Officer Aptitude Rating (FOFAR): 6
Officer Aptitude Rating (OAR): 49

Are they competitive at all?

Avalon

"Secondly, most of you here on this forum are trying to be pilots; the Navy is not in great need of pilots" - Rocky

What is the Navy in great need of at present (for officers)?

Goob83

None
"Secondly, most of you here on this forum are trying to be pilots; the Navy is not in great need of pilots" - Rocky

What is the Navy in great need of at present (for officers)?

NUKE OFFICERS AND MEDICAL Officers are the only HIGH PRI fills over the last two years.

Goob83

None
I recently took the ASTB and received the following scores:
Academic Qualification Rating (AQR): 5
Pilot Flight Officer Rating (PFAR): 6
Naval Flight Officer Aptitude Rating (FOFAR): 6
Officer Aptitude Rating (OAR): 49

Are they competitive at all?

Competitive is a relative term with this question. Yes the scores are competitive ,but are you as a person competitive. I see your degree and scores if you are not weak in other places you will be a great METOC. other things will be used to see if you make the SNA slots for sure.

Texasflygirl

what colleges are good for becoming a navy pilot??

wanting some input on becoming a female pilot. the best colleges...... or is the NROTC...Dont know what direction to go. anyone have some kind of insight for me........I will be talking to a recruiter next week..
Thanks...