• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Recruiters

Kev

When is the next NFO board? My degree gets conferred in two months.

29/M Prior 5yrs Aviation Electronics Technician
9/7/9/61
B.S. Finance 3.4 GPA
40 hours, PPL

When is the next NFO board? My degree gets conferred in two months.

29/M Prior 5yrs Aviation Electronics Technician
9/7/9/61
B.S. Finance 3.4 GPA
40 hours, PPL

The next board will be in April but applications are due March 26th. After that board dates haven't been released. And by the way you can apply up to six prior to getting your degree.

Kev

The next board will be in April but applications are due March 26th. After that board dates haven't been released. And by the way you can apply up to six prior to getting your degree.

I would just submit by March 26th, but honestly I wouldn't feel good about submitting a rushed package. I don't have LORs yet, and although everyone says PPL doesn't matter, I'd like my package to include that. And I'm pre-graduation.

I feel if I rushed one together this week it wouldn't reflect well on me, for the next time if it got denied. What are your thoughts? With a rushed package would my prior give me a chance for april board?

I'm planning for next board Oct-Jan, with a complete and strong pack, unless your advice is to rush and get one in now for April.

Thanks

exNavyOffRec

I would just submit by March 26th, but honestly I wouldn't feel good about submitting a rushed package. I don't have LORs yet, and although everyone says PPL doesn't matter, I'd like my package to include that. And I'm pre-graduation.

I feel if I rushed one together this week it wouldn't reflect well on me, for the next time if it got denied. What are your thoughts? With a rushed package would my prior give me a chance for april board?

I'm planning for next board Oct-Jan, with a complete and strong pack, unless your advice is to rush and get one in now for April.

Thanks

The aviators on here have some good gouge on how valuable or more appropriately not valuable a PPL is.

It is unlikely you would be able to get the application together in time now given it is essentially Wednesday.

Kev

The aviators on here have some good gouge on how valuable or more appropriately not valuable a PPL is.

It is unlikely you would be able to get the application together in time now given it is essentially Wednesday.

Thanks.

Northshore

I have never encountered an issue with my recruiter. He is very prompt and communication is open. I figure as long as you are respectful, do your research, and provide the details a recruiter needs in a timely fashion you won't run into issues.

PenguinGal

Can Do!
Contributor
Northshore, I am going to respectfully disagree. I have had some pretty large issues with my recruiter, most of which have since been resolved (at least to the best of my knowledge) despite my prompt, respectful, and detailed information. I truly believe that it is completely dependent on the recruiter his/herself as to what kind of experience an applicant is going to have. Nothing against any recruiter or recruit, but just remember that recruiters are people too. I know I have forgotten that at times! lol

LET73

It depends on the recruiter and the recruit. It also depends on what designators the Navy wants to fill. If you're applying for a competitive designator with few available spots, it doesn't make sense for your recruiter to put in a lot of effort on your behalf. If you're applying for a high-demand designator, your recruiter will want to make your application as strong as possible. Of course, plenty of recruiters will do their best for all applicants, but looking at it from a perspective of pure self-interest, recruiters will put the most effort into people who are likely to get picked up.

PenguinGal

Can Do!
Contributor
Thanks, Northshore. I think we are finally on the same page. My last couple of interactions with the recruiter have been nothing but positive. I truly believe that my OR didn't think I would pass MEPS. Then again, considering I had to lose over 100# in order to do so, I had my moments of doubt too!

Every recruiter is different. There are many good ones, and a few bad ones. They have to deal with a lot of people, and many of those people will never join the military. I imagine that they don't want to waste their time on those people, so if they really think that someone won't be able to get to recruit training, they put their efforts elsewhere.

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
Just some perspective...

I did OHARP for 3 weeks. In that time, there were about a dozen people who contacted the office. Of those people, none had interest in an URL job. In fact, the most popular inquiry was about PAO, followed by intel and the occasional inquiry about something random that may not even exist.

A good portion of those people saw the Navy's OCS video and went "wow, that looks hard" and were never seen again.

So if you just take that as a datapoint for what your average OR deals with daily, you shouldn't be surprised if they don't spend a whole lot of energy talking to you until the numbers show you're competitive and you want to apply for SWO/aviation/submarines and stick around past a couple weeks.

exNavyOffRec

A good portion of those people saw the Navy's OCS video and went "wow, that looks hard" and were never seen again.

That is funny, I have never seen that, I wonder what type of people those were like.

The thing is people rarely get dropped from OCS if they are trying, one person we sent to OCS was rolled 5 times, none due to medical. We had another who went to OCS and then graduated 9 months later, due to medical.

You know why so many people ask about PAO, it is because it is an easy degree but no jobs

BackOrdered

Contributor
Went to OCS with a girl who had been there over a year due to a fractured hip and shin. A YEAR. At OCS.

You want it, it can happen.

We had a guy, no injuries, over one year at OCS. The DIs just kept rolling him for the fun of it or something. He is now a commissioned officer.