• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Recruiter Says I Can't Take OAR Only?

USAF_WX2USN

Actually in OR school were are told that only those applying for designators that require the entire ASTB should take the entire ASTB, most designators do not require the entire ASTB, the only ones that do are PILOT/NFO and AMDO for AQR so people taking just the OAR is very common and preferred, once they get the windows issue fixed and the new ASTB actually starts having a person take the whole thing will waste about 4 hours.

There could be a few reasons why he wants you to take the entire thing, one is that the test administrator doesn't know how to give just the OAR, however my test administrator was not the sharpest tool in the shed and had no problem, another is he is aware that he wants to put you in for something in aviation since to get credit he just needs to get an application submitted, yet another is that your recruiter is at one of those districts that is on independent operations and if so you might be screwed since those are the ones that have been having issues.

you can take the ASTB anywhere, so if you are going on leave somewhere outside of where you are at you can take it there, if you PM me where you will be or where you are at I can direct you to another place to take the exam.

If you are at where your profile says I am sorry you have to deal with them.

Thank NavyOffRec. Yes, I am where my profile says I am and am not going anywhere else anytime soon. I'm just focusing on studying for the OAR portion only and will take my best attempt at the remaining sections.

In other news, how current is this board schedule: http://www.cnrc.navy.mil/publications/NOTICES/1131 FY13 BOARDSKED By Community - Encl 4.pdf ?

If this is the case than am I looking for Nov for straight SWO and then Jan for OCEANO/SWO-OCEANO? Thank you for all the information, I/We really appreciate it!

exNavyOffRec

Thank NavyOffRec. Yes, I am where my profile says I am and am not going anywhere else anytime soon. I'm just focusing on studying for the OAR portion only and will take my best attempt at the remaining sections.

In other news, how current is this board schedule: http://www.cnrc.navy.mil/publications/NOTICES/1131 FY13 BOARDSKED By Community - Encl 4.pdf ?

If this is the case than am I looking for Nov for straight SWO and then Jan for OCEANO/SWO-OCEANO? Thank you for all the information, I/We really appreciate it!

That schedule is not current, by the time is was signed it was outdated. An email was sent out saying the schedule has changed and all dates are TBD, some people at NRC are saying they might have a Pilot board in Dec and some saying it won't happen. It looks like no IDC boards until next year, SWO options some have said November, but others at NRC are saying around Feb. SWO is looking like Feb at earliest.

Of course all info is subject to change based upon the new goals when they are released, FYI last year the FY12 goals were released in Jan 2012

USAF_WX2USN

That schedule is not current, by the time is was signed it was outdated. An email was sent out saying the schedule has changed and all dates are TBD, some people at NRC are saying they might have a Pilot board in Dec and some saying it won't happen. It looks like no IDC boards until next year, SWO options some have said November, but others at NRC are saying around Feb. SWO is looking like Feb at earliest.

Of course all info is subject to change based upon the new goals when they are released, FYI last year the FY12 goals were released in Jan 2012

Thank you. With all that being said, should I still plan to submit a package by late Oct/early Nov for a board in the future? Just looking for some sort of time frame to start getting things together, since at this time I have no guidance.

exNavyOffRec

Thank you. With all that being said, should I still plan to submit a package by late Oct/early Nov for a board in the future? Just looking for some sort of time frame to start getting things together, since at this time I have no guidance.

Just to be safe yes, because most data in the application is good for 6 months, so even if the boards are pushed to April you should be fine, I would encourage anyone to submit by 1 November, that is unless NRC send out a "don't send applications email"