• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Recruiter Gift?

707guy

"You can't make this shit up..."
It was more like no photos by electronic means at all, to cover all bases. You know how most rules are written in blood, so I assume lots of fun was being had in recruiting.

**Disclaimer - this was in the 80's...** When I worked at my recruiting station before heading off to bootcamp the often heard phrase was - "If you can't put them in the Navy, put the Navy in them..."

exNavyOffRec

**Disclaimer - this was in the 80's...** When I worked at my recruiting station before heading off to bootcamp the often heard phrase was - "If you can't put them in the Navy, put the Navy in them..."

I remember that phrase, in fact the recruiter that I replaced on my first tour in the mid 90's lived by that rule, if I hadn't been engaged/married during that time I could have got in a lot of trouble, one of our recruits was sitting at my desk and said "I wish I could meet a guy exactly like you" then she asked if I was married.

707guy

"You can't make this shit up..."
I remember that phrase, in fact the recruiter that I replaced on my first tour in the mid 90's lived by that rule, if I hadn't been engaged/married during that time I could have got in a lot of trouble, one of our recruits was sitting at my desk and said "I wish I could meet a guy exactly like you" then she asked if I was married.

It was an interesting time for sure - I knew of a few folks who ran into trouble practicing that...

unbroken

Naval officer
When you take the oath, you will sign a bunch of paperwork. I was surprised how much of this paperwork addressed the relationship with the recruiter.

You cannot loan, or borrow money from them. You cannot send them selfies from the shower, etc. Im pretty sure one addressed gifts.

Interesting that this isn't addressed until the oath, though. My sense is that you're pretty much done with your recruiter at that point, anyway...

ARAMP1

Aviator Extraordinaire
pilot
None
I'll probably get my recruiter a bottle of something semi-nice, at least Sailor Jerry quality. He really has been very helpful with my transfer to the reserves and far exceeded my expectations, especially as an Ensign.