• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

receiving consideration for NAPS?

Chris94

CWO selected
W
I won't give you any of my personal secrets. Wouldn't probably do you much good anyway since BGOs do their own thing. We have only about 5-6 questions we have to ask. The rest is up to the BGO. You don't have to be a USNA grad to represent them as a BGO. Some BGOs never even served in the military. Several are just proud parents of USNA grads who want to help the institution obtain the very best candidates possible. Most BGOs, however, are current active duty, reservists or retired officers. There are even some retired enlisted serving as BGOs. All flavors should be able to answer all your questions about the USNA. Don't expect much about the real Navy from the guys that have never served in the Navy.

The interview will likely include some time with your family. A question and answer opportunity for your family. The real interview of you should be done in private. Again, can't say what you could expect. Just consider this, you are applying for a military academy that will eventually result in you becoming an officer, a leader. So, you might want to expect questions about leadership, responsibility, discipline, organization, dedication, etc. Don't be afraid to brag on yourself just a bit. If you led the public health committee on a church trip to build homes in the jungles of Central American, find a way to work that into the conversation. If you are a shift supervisor at work, your BGO would love to know that. Know who you are talking to. If your BGO is military try to use his rank. In any case some "sirs" or "ma,ams" are appropriate.

Once before on this forum I have addressed what to wear for a BGO interview. It doesn't have to be a three piece suit. You don't want to be stiff or overly formal. But showing respect, both for the BGO and USNA is in order. For God's sake, don't wear a T-shirt and shorts. I have seen it. Most every BGO I know wears their uniform or a sport coat and dress pants. Some wear ties. ( I live in the SW which is rather informal in dress.) Somehow I don't think the guys I have seen at interview in T-shirts would have dressed that way to interview for Stanford, or Harvard. I don't think they would have interviewed dressed like that for their dream job. Consider what you might wear to church, a wedding or important job interview. Your appearance conveys respect or lack of it nearly as much as your words. Good luck.
Well thank you for the info, I really appreciate it