• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Reason for no call back??

KBayDog

Maybe so but I have gold bars and gold wings. ;)

He is the Saltiest Sailor in the World.

h97953kt.jpg

"I don't always drink coffee, but when I do, I prefer it from the Chief's Mess. Stay salty, my friends."

Gnar

Someone can correct me, however, I believe 27 is the cut off.. could be wrong. As someone posted earlier, I would get a crackin on all the paper work BS you have to do.
Get your official transcripts, Application/Biography, and Letters of recommendation etc. Our OSO said its super completive right now.. we have a ton of Lts working at our station due to TBS being overfilled. Good luck.

KW83

Someone can correct me, however, I believe 27 is the cut off.. could be wrong. As someone posted earlier, I would get a crackin on all the paper work BS you have to do.
Get your official transcripts, Application/Biography, and Letters of recommendation etc. Our OSO said its super completive right now.. we have a ton of Lts working at our station due to TBS being overfilled. Good luck.

Please don't put wrong information on a public forum for people to view and freak out. 27? Could be wrong? Yes. One wanting to be selected must be less than 29 years of age upon date of selection. This is public information and not difficult to get. I am sorry that I have to be a post-nazi but it really is bothersome to see so much scuttlebutt get started because "I might be wrong but...". Again, use the search tool.

You are corrected :)

And spell better.

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot
Please don't put wrong information on a public forum for people to view and freak out. 27? Could be wrong? Yes. One wanting to be selected must be less than 29 years of age upon date of selection. This is public information and not difficult to get. I am sorry that I have to be a post-nazi but it really is bothersome to see so much scuttlebutt get started because "I might be wrong but...". Again, use the search tool.

You are corrected :)

And spell better.

Make sure you caveat that by saying USMC only. The USN cut-off for pilot is they must be commissioned by age 27 for applicants who have no prior military service.

KW83

Make sure you caveat that by saying USMC only. The USN cut-off for pilot is they must be commissioned by age 27 for applicants who have no prior military service.

I would if we were not posting in a USMC section of the website forum. But thanks for clarifying anyways.

Gnar

Thanks for the correction. My apologies for the spelling and bad gouge.

Work on your contractions :)

AU_Aviator

UPDATE-

After speaking with the recruiter once again they gave me the name of a doctor to see to check on my shoulder. With the seperation I had on it about a year and a half ago they wanted that checked out before we moved any further to see if I would be medically cleared. I was able to get a 1st class medical for aviation purposes, but I was not cleared for OCS purposes.

The doctor didn't think that the shoulder was strong enough yet to handle everything going on at OCS. Does anybody here have any ideas on ways that I can still contribute to and/or support the Marines in some sort??

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Alternative ways to join the team

UPDATE-
The doctor didn't think that the shoulder was strong enough yet to handle everything going on at OCS. Does anybody here have any ideas on ways that I can still contribute to and/or support the Marines in some sort??

If your shoulder is putting you into NPQ category, unless you embark serious rehab and get it back into shape, your best option is to become a civil servant (GS). The current adminstration wants more "govies" as opposed to contractors so it's an ideal time to join up.

Your logistics degree and transportation experience actually would make you pretty enticing to the Loggies* that support the Marines, or....MARCORSYSCOM at Quantico (every program of significance on the acquisition side has dedicated APMLs (Asst Program Manager for Logistics) and groom them throughout their career so you could opt to go to Patuxent River, MD where the Naval Aviation program offices are including all the platforms the Marines fly (so you'd be side by side with Marines in that situation). Nuff for now?

*Follow the link and look on left for "Seeking Employment" and you'll see their announced vacancies. HQ is Albany, but wherever Marines operate, you'll find logistics and transportation.

aircrazed

AU_Aviator Hey how's it going. I can give you a perfect explanation. I was in the USMC and was looking to commission and me and the OSO were bullshitting. He said the new commandant really hates tattoos and he is turning away highly qualified applicants that have tattoos.

Crowbar

None
AU_Aviator Hey how's it going. I can give you a perfect explanation. I was in the USMC and was looking to commission and me and the OSO were bullshitting. He said the new commandant really hates tattoos and he is turning away highly qualified applicants that have tattoos.

The way you write this, it sounds like OSOs turn away anyone with a tattoo, which is not the case. Yes, some otherwise qualified people have disqualifying tattoos, but you can replace "tattoos" with "medical problems" or "financial responsibility issues" or whatever else you can think of.

So, not quite a perfect explanation you gave there.