• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Reapplying to OCS

flgator92

None
All you can do is talk to an OR and see about reapplying for the program. It will be an uphill battle, as others on here have said.

The best advice I can give you is if an OR lets you submit another package, it would be best to discuss your DOR in your personal statement on your application. In doing so, just be honest and don't make excuses. I've learned from OCS, preflight, flight school, and beyond that while the Navy doesn't like quiters, the Navy dislikes those who make excuses about quiting even more. So, tackle it head on. Think carefully about how you'd explain your voluntary disenrollment to a DH or senior officer on a selection board who you're trying to convince to send you back (i.e., be more frank and descriptive than "it was a bit too much" and "I just wasn’t in the right head space"). That's all you can do when you reapply. You need to convince a board that you're worth picking back up for training after quiting the first time around while, oh by the way, they also have scores of applicants to pick from who didn't DOR. Best of luck to you, nonetheless.

Jreed

OCS dropout. But not done yet…
All you can do is talk to an OR and see about reapplying for the program. It will be an uphill battle, as others on here have said.

The best advice I can give you is if an OR lets you submit another package, it would be best to discuss your DOR in your personal statement on your application. In doing so, just be honest and don't make excuses. I've learned from OCS, preflight, flight school, and beyond that while the Navy doesn't like quiters, the Navy dislikes those who make excuses about quiting even more. So, tackle it head on. Think carefully about how you'd explain your voluntary disenrollment to a DH or senior officer on a selection board who you're trying to convince to send you back (i.e., be more frank and descriptive than "it was a bit too much" and "I just wasn’t in the right head space"). That's all you can do when you reapply. You need to convince a board that you're worth picking back up for training after quiting the first time around while, oh by the way, they also have scores of applicants to pick from who didn't DOR. Best of luck to you, nonetheless.
Thanks a lot for that, I definitely plan to address the DOR head on and make my case as best I can. And do anything I can to make my package better.