• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Reagan F-18 down in Philippine sea

GroundPounder

Word on the street here at NASNI is Mr. Scientology insisted on wearing black boots, even after repeatedly being told real NAs wear brown.

SP ALERT!

I just had the opportunity to be around principle photography of Clint Eastwood's next movie and was able to eavesdrop on some of the conversations. For example, in one scene at an actual lily farm, they covered everything in ground up pecan shells. The reason? Real dirt does not look enough like real dirt on film, so they cover real dirt with fake dirt, so it will look real.

Or maybe OT VIII Cruise is just a douche.

RedFive

pilot
None
Contributor
Word on the street here at NASNI is Mr. Scientology insisted on wearing black boots, even after repeatedly being told real NAs wear brown.

what-the-actual-fuck.jpg

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor

There are a couple of guys in my reserve unit and a few affiliated ones that still wear black boots, they usually are around my age or older and were never issued brown boots.

Austin-Powers

Powers By Name, Powers By Reputation
It's not like civilians would tell the difference, but in all honesty, if you're getting wrapped on the color of the shoe I must do what is obligatory on almost ever AW thread

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Short answer yes, attrition of the fleet over time is baked into the initial buy. Once the production line is shut down, it’s prohibitively expensive to restart.

Interestingly, I learned that E-2D is apparently one of the only programs that doesn’t factor attrition into production numbers. I found that weird, considering that there’s been a non-zero number of Hawkeye Class As over the last decade.

BigRed389

None
Interestingly, I learned that E-2D is apparently one of the only programs that doesn’t factor attrition into production numbers. I found that weird, considering that there’s been a non-zero number of Hawkeye Class As over the last decade.

At least it's not a "dead" production line...so there's presumably time to fix that.

RedFive

pilot
None
Contributor
It's not like civilians would tell the difference, but in all honesty, if you're getting wrapped on the color of the shoe I must do what is obligatory on almost ever AW thread

Eh, no. It's called tradition and it starts with a dirt field in San Diego called North Island over a century ago.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Eh, no. It's called tradition and it starts with a dirt field in San Diego called North Island over a century ago.
Bruh. Right above your post, someone who would know mentioned that N7 staff wear black boots with their sky-blue T-shirts and brown leather name tags . . . because of a different tradition that started in San Diego, then migrated to Fallon.

Austin-Powers

Powers By Name, Powers By Reputation

I understand it's tradition but it is also tradition for most families to have Turkey on Thanksgiving or other cases, duck. The point is, most people won't get nitpicky over that, and the only thing I will nitpick is if it's CGI most of the time and not real aerial scenes. Also, let's just hope that they an epic beginning like the first one.

zab1001

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I understand it's tradition but it is also tradition for most families to have Turkey on Thanksgiving or other cases, duck. The point is, most people won't get nitpicky over that, and the only thing I will nitpick is if it's CGI most of the time and not real aerial scenes. Also, let's just hope that they an epic beginning like the first one.

Hey Not-Even-New-Guy. Shut the fuck up.

cfam

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Serious question - why is that? If it's sarcastic, it went over my head, I didn't notice either way the 2 times I was in Fallon.

Nope, not sarcastic. What I was told by one of the N7 bros is that it was the result of a deal struck between the Marine and Navy staff members (I assume many years ago). The Marines could get away with wearing the sky blue t-shirts if everyone wore black boots. Not sure if we have any former N7 dudes on the forum who can clarify.

You probably didn't notice it because it's just an N7 thing and they don't typically instruct Airwing events (the most recent N7A being a notable exception).

RedFive

pilot
None
Contributor
Bruh. Right above your post, someone who would know mentioned that N7 staff wear black boots with their sky-blue T-shirts and brown leather name tags . . . because of a different tradition that started in San Diego, then migrated to Fallon.
Well of course, but faced with the option of openly accepting strange and newly discovered boot trivia or telling FNG to stuff it, I knew what had to be done. :D