• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Re: Mail at OCS

ProudUSMCGrlfrd

Proud USMC girlfriend
Its not all dress blues and dining ins ya know...

(sorry, had to)

yeah i know.... it's not always pretty.... life aint always pretty. and i know that for sure! i'm just looking forward to hearing from him. :) nothing big... just an 'i miss you' note, dosen't even have to be an actual letter. :icon_tong

snake020

Contributor
[threadjack]
The last two years I've had friends at AFROTC field training that received special gifts of cookies and "boot camp barbie". Apparently the first one eventually became the mascot of the entire group and made my friend well known throughout the FTU.
[/threadjack]

invertedflyer

500 ft. from said obstacle
Writing letters? Thats what classes are for. How else are you supposed to stay awake

How did you all manage to get your liberty taken away

record high temps for that week... alot of people fell out on one of the humps.... the Col. went high and to the right... chewed all of us out and secured our libo. He later went easy on those that were boarded after going on one of "major marathon's" humps... 'nuff said.

MasterHaynes86

"major marathon's" humps... 'nuff said.

wow, u gotta be intense to be called THAT by a Marine... We had a SSgt that "felt like [he] could fly" every day for PT... But he was no "marathon" person... he just loved running, fast... lol

So I take it the Col resolved the issue with "major marathon" and made sure you candidates were alright? That is his job, to take care of his Marines... among other things...

Herc_Dude

I believe nicotine + caffeine = protein
pilot
Contributor
wow, u gotta be intense to be called THAT by a Marine... We had a SSgt that "felt like [he] could fly" every day for PT... But he was no "marathon" person... he just loved running, fast... lol

So I take it the Col resolved the issue with "major marathon" and made sure you candidates were alright? That is his job, to take care of his Marines... among other things...

On the other hand, the best way to take care of your Marines is to give them hard, realistic training. (I know, it always pissed me off when someone said it to me when I was 10 miles into the woods and out of water with 8 miles left to hump home)

MasterHaynes86

yea, thats true DD... I'm glad i had an airplane as a SSgt, lol...

Might as well work hard and long... We dont wanna live forever, do we?

s/f
out for the night

Herc_Dude

I believe nicotine + caffeine = protein
pilot
Contributor
yea, thats true DD... I'm glad i had an airplane as a SSgt, lol...

Might as well work hard and long... We dont wanna live forever, do we?

s/f
out for the night

I just want to live long enough to get the wings under my name on AW ... now, thats the big time! :icon_mi_6

invertedflyer

500 ft. from said obstacle

Yeah every single candidate that was boarded as a hump drop was retained... in fact the Col. cut the 12-mile hike down to a 9-miler given the circumstances with Maj. Marathon.... interesting situation.

Slammer2

SNFO Advanced, VT-86 T-39G/N
Contributor
and he was way too tired to lead the moto run for Alpha and Charlie company the next morning. Nice slow 9 min pace!

MasterHaynes86

Yeah every single candidate that was boarded as a hump drop was retained... in fact the Col. cut the 12-mile hike down to a 9-miler given the circumstances with Maj. Marathon.... interesting situation.
not too shabby... i swear our long humps always got extended, lol... We weren't running a marathon either. haha

and he was way too tired to lead the moto run for Alpha and Charlie company the next morning. Nice slow 9 min pace!

haha... nice. The only moto run PLC people get to do is one toward the end... it was a nice slow pace for all of Golf and Echo. India (3rd to the rear) MIGHT have had some problems, but Kilo Co had to run the whole moto run due to the accordian (sp?) effect. But it was fun because SSgt Risen called cadence... It was bad [censored].

Time for a phsychology test.

peace

Slammer2

SNFO Advanced, VT-86 T-39G/N
Contributor
Yeah we were way in the back too. Alpha 1-5 followed by Charlie 1-2 then my platoon. Major slinky effect. And us and 4th platoon got cut off by the damn train coming back. So we had to sprint over that bridge cursing it outloud as we passed.