• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Re: Mail at OCS

cWood30

PLC Sr's Candidate
We didn't get our mail until about week 2, halfway through. Suppose that would be ~day 15. And that was just a trickle of a few lucky candidates. Most mail didn't come in until about the end of week 2, but our staff assured us that the mail system at OCS was simply, "wrong". Meaning it sucked, so don't rely on it too much, but it can make a day or even a week a HELLofa lot better.

invertedflyer

500 ft. from said obstacle
Mail is never a sure thing at OCS. By no means is it a "nightly" tradition like say, bootcamp. Every now and then some mail trickles in... but it wasn't uncommon for us to go almost a week without one mail call.

Nebulae

Nebulae
Thank you! I just got a letter from my friend the other day that he received my first two letters, so at least he is getting something! On another note, does anyone know what time liberty starts for them on Saturday? It's in the PM right? Thank you!

Lawman

None
Thank you! I just got a letter from my friend the other day that he received my first two letters, so at least he is getting something! On another note, does anyone know what time liberty starts for them on Saturday? It's in the PM right? Thank you!

The first liberty will secure later (1800ish) then any other you do just because the Platoons havent really figured out what they need to do to get the SI's to let them go. You wont have cleaned well enough, your pants are pressed right, ect ect. After that though you will start getting out earlier and earlier dependent on the training evolutions involved. One weekend we got out really early 1400 because of how well our Company had done the previous weeks training events and because our SI wanted to go fishing.

Slammer2

SNFO Advanced, VT-86 T-39G/N
Contributor
Or you could be like Golf (I think it was) and get your libo pulled. I felt horrible for you guys!

The mail system there is kinda wierd. It took about 2-3 days on average for my parents to receive a letter from me. It took about a week for me to get one from them on average. Sometimes mroe or less. We had one candidate send a letter to another candidate to see how long it would take. We were guessing about 3 weeks but it ended up being about 8-9 days. Ahh the stupid $hit you do to keep from going crazy.

theblakeness

Charlie dont surf!
pilot
recieving mail also has to do with when your Co Clerk feels like picking it up and then sorting it. We had a week where there was no mail at all because it was sitting in a bag in his office. When we finally got it, it took so long to go through that we had to do it after lights out.

ProudUSMCGrlfrd

Proud USMC girlfriend
How long before I can realistically expect to receive mail from a candidate... after I had to send my address info to him in my first letter to him. I sent that letter to him on 1.25.07 and it is 1 day ship time from here to Quantico... so in an ideal world he could have received it on 1.27.07. Anyway.... we are at the end of week 2 beginning week 3 today. I am just being totally girly... I miss him and want sooo badly to hear from him. I just wanted to see from you guys how long it is b4 I can realistically expect a letter. I'm not asking for anything long winded... just a "miss ya.. can't wait to see you!" letter. Ok! 'nough from this girl! Thanks guys in advance for the info!

0621girl

How long before I can realistically expect to receive mail from a candidate... after I had to send my address info to him in my first letter to him. I sent that letter to him on 1.25.07 and it is 1 day ship time from here to Quantico... so in an ideal world he could have received it on 1.27.07. Anyway.... we are at the end of week 2 beginning week 3 today. I am just being totally girly... I miss him and want sooo badly to hear from him. I just wanted to see from you guys how long it is b4 I can realistically expect a letter. I'm not asking for anything long winded... just a "miss ya.. can't wait to see you!" letter. Ok! 'nough from this girl! Thanks guys in advance for the info!

My DH is in the same class and I got my first piece of mail from him the same day I got that "The candidate has safely arrived" print out, they came at the same time.

I have had three since, so maybe he is either too busy, or his mail is being jacked up. I am sure you will get one soon.

Slammer2

SNFO Advanced, VT-86 T-39G/N
Contributor
After writing multiple essays during your sleep time, there is absolutely no desire to write another 300 words. The letters will come when there is time.