• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Re: Mail at OCS

MasterHaynes86

yea, that bridge sucks... i seriously think it will be there forever... even if it just as a memorial, lol... OORAH, 6 more weeks of the bridge!

Slinky effect, yea... I was in K3 (the last platoon of the last company). But Kilo are bad arses... OORAH

Lawman

None
See you guys have it all wrong, you lead with your best Group of Candidates. See thats why Alpha was lined up in front, that way everybody sees them coming and takes notice and then gets bored and looks away. And then those nasty Charlies are able to sneak on past cause the effect has concealed them.

theblakeness

Charlie dont surf!
pilot
Yeah we were way in the back too. Alpha 1-5 followed by Charlie 1-2 then my platoon. Major slinky effect. And us and 4th platoon got cut off by the damn train coming back. So we had to sprint over that bridge cursing it outloud as we passed.

samething happened to my platoon (K3). The bridge was gyrating pretty bad from everyone running on it.

MasterHaynes86

See you guys have it all wrong, you lead with your best Group of Candidates. See thats why Alpha was lined up in front, that way everybody sees them coming and takes notice and then gets bored and looks away. And then those nasty Charlies are able to sneak on past cause the effect has concealed them.

maybe... im not too sure on that one though... haha... this forum rocks

peace yall, its time to go drink a bottle of nyquil and go to sleep...

s/f

Slammer2

SNFO Advanced, VT-86 T-39G/N
Contributor

Its all about the cover and concealment. But since C/1 was the female platoon, we could just say that Alpha was put in front so that the females wouldnt be leading the run. But that would be chauvinistic of me so I wont say that.

MasterHaynes86

Question: Did any of you have to write and essay for mail you received. I've heard of such instances, but didn't get to witness it.

Nebulae

Nebulae
Wow, that would suck. But it would still be worth it right? Getting mail? Ok, so quick question, does the staff open the mail before the candidate gets it? Because I've sent some pictures (no, nothing sketchy) and my friend has not mentioned any of them. I feel like he's never even seen them. Anyways, please let me know what your thoughts are. Thanks!

Slammer2

Contributor
If they feel a picture or something other than a piece of paper or two, they will make you open it in front of them. If not in front of them, they will tell you to open it and bring whatever is in there up for them to see. You typically wont get in trouble for getting pictures.

Slammer2

Contributor
Question: Did any of you have to write and essay for mail you received. I've heard of such instances, but didn't get to witness it.

Yes. Well, indirectly. I got called up to grab my mail. On my way back to my rack, the Plt Sgt happened to notice a piece of the back of my shirt being untucked. 300 words on military bearing and another 300 words on "why this candidate is ruining the platoon sergeant's beloved marine corps".

MasterHaynes86

Yes. Well, indirectly. I got called up to grab my mail. On my way back to my rack, the Plt Sgt happened to notice a piece of the back of my shirt being untucked. 300 words on military bearing and another 300 words on "why this candidate is ruining the platoon sergeant's beloved marine corps".

oh lord... two essays for an untucked shirt... the second one is just creative...

sorry, its title made me chuckle