• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Re-designating at OCS (VERY IMPORTANT)

robav8r

None
Contributor
I am just waiting for the awkward moment when my clearance investigator calls my boss to verify that I work there...
You know, you folks are volunteering to join the Armed Forces of the United States during a very challenging time both fiscally and operationally. You should be EXTREMELY proud of that. If anyone tries to give you any shit for terminating your job in a zero G, fully lighted environment and potentially going into harms way, ask them what kind of military service they volunteered for. If they don't "like" that, screw em.

Tycho_Brohe

pilot
Contributor
I DEPd in Albany in '08
Nice, so you probably went to the same building I went for MEPS, the Leo O'Brien Federal Building. I remember when I went there were a few guys there shipping off to boot camp right after they were done.
By the way, judging from your profile, you'd probably get along great with the Lead RDC at OCS; he's a CTICS who learned Farsi at DLI.

CTFly1

Nice, so you probably went to the same building I went for MEPS, the Leo O'Brien Federal Building. I remember when I went there were a few guys there shipping off to boot camp right after they were done.
By the way, judging from your profile, you'd probably get along great with the Lead RDC at OCS; he's a CTICS who learned Farsi at DLI.
Sounds more like I'd be a target haha

Tycho_Brohe

pilot
Contributor
Sounds more like I'd be a target haha
Haha nah he's pretty chill most of the time. He was our class chief. He didn't RPT us much (left that to our DI for the most part), the rest of the time he was more like a mentor, teaching us how to wear uniforms properly and talking about Naval history and things like that.

A$AP

None
Nice, a fellow Upstate New Yorker :D I did mine in Albany, actually I had similar eyesight issues, but my problem was depth perception, so I got rechecked by a civilian eye doc, who gave me the all-clear. I figure the difference must've been dehydration and lack of sleep as to why I performed so poorly at MEPS, but I digress.
The other consideration would be the number of slots vs. the number of applicants they currently take, which Rufio is better equipped to talk about than me. It's my understanding that they usually leave a little wiggle room in the quotas because people tend to re-des from Pilot to NFO for eyesight issues. So if they keep doing this, then hopefully they can continue to accommodate those re-designations.
Yeah that's what I figured with my eye exam as well. I appreciate the insight man!

CTFly1

Haha nah he's pretty chill most of the time. He was our class chief. He didn't RPT us much (left that to our DI for the most part), the rest of the time he was more like a mentor, teaching us how to wear uniforms properly and talking about Naval history and things like that.
whats his name?

exNavyOffRec

If you remain physically qualified for SNFO and have passing FOFAR you will be afforded the opportunity to switch from SNA to SNFO.

I wonder with the lower number of NFO spots compared to SNA how often they will be able to do this? Especially since SWO has more OCS spots than NFO and it looks like they won't let them go from SNA to SWO.

LFCFan

*Insert nerd wings here*
I wonder with the lower number of NFO spots compared to SNA how often they will be able to do this? Especially since SWO has more OCS spots than NFO and it looks like they won't let them go from SNA to SWO.

But SWO is a different community altogether, I think if there was one switch that would survive this rule it would be SNA to SNFO. I imagine that SNFO slots open up more often than SWO because of the NPQs. Plus there will be SNFO DORs, unlike restricted line communities that take single or low double digits every year.

BleedGreen

pilot
I don't know how much I would buy into the title of this thread. I'm currently in OCS and know all the aviators who were DQ'ed were still given the option to redesignate. One of my classmates was told he was DQ'ed week one and they're working on getting him redesignated to Intel. Three candidates that were a few classes ahead of me were redesignated before they graduated, two from SNA to NFO and the other was NFO to SWO.