• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

RDML recieves NPLOC for profanity at Foc'sle Follies?

e6bflyer

Used to Care
pilot
Fixed it for myself....

But this is more to my point. Can someone point me to who "owned" that decision....other than "higher"? I firmly believe it was a bunch of soft spined O-4s/O-5s who thought they knew how their bosses might feel about it and didn't want to be on the wrong side of PC - perceived or otherwise...

Strangely enough, that patch is alive and well in the "anti-navy" here at Tinker NAS. Go figure.

SDNalgene

Blind. Continue...
pilot
Well he had me at the implication that he might f&$^ VFA-41...

I read the IG report and it seems that aboard Stennis there are bunch of officers who have been in anywhere from 15-25 years of service engaging in hand-wringing about the occasional profane word and expressing a desire to leave enemies in the ash heap of history. If this is truly the case then we are screwed (is that too close to f%&#d, because I don't want the IG to f&$* my career because of something I wrote on airwarriors). However, I hope this impression is from cherry picked comments that the IG is using to paint the picture he wants.

Facts that seem to not be in doubt.

1. The skipper of the boat got his feelings hurt and has a very unique definition of "yell" and "explode".
2. The CSG is a prick that no one liked to work for.
3. The CSG had such a filthy mouth that over the course of two deployments and associated workup cycles he swore publicly on two occasions, and one was to aviators, so that doesn't even count.
4. He made an inappropriate reference to a Mel Brooks movie once on an eight month cruise.
5. He said something bad about a puff piece article about another Flag Officer.

Big. FUCKING (there I said it). Deal.

This notion that we should all get the privilege of leaders we love is ridiculous. We should get good, effective leaders, not necessarily lovable ones. I have no clue if he is a good or bad leader having never served for him, but the nonsense the IG goes into toward the end about how a leader should be such a water walker that his "subordinates are excited for a seat at his table," or words to that effect, is ridiculous. His job is to lead them effectively. Them liking him is a bonus, a great one to have, but not a requirement by any means. Essentially this guy got fired because a petty O-6 couldn't take criticism so he collected what flimsy pieces of dirt he could piece together, handed it to the IG, and IG fried him because no one loved the Admiral. I love the statement where the IG admits that 99% of the officers he talked to did not think the CSG was unprofessional, but if you "read between the lines" you can find that the officers are really saying what the IG wants them to say, despite the fact that they said the complete opposite.

Alright, I am done with my rant.

Recovering LSO

Suck Less
pilot
Contributor
I love the statement where the IG admits that 99% of the officers he talked to did not think the CSG was unprofessional, but if you "read between the lines" you can find that the officers are really saying what the IG wants them to say, despite the fact that they said the complete opposite.

Brought over from other thread on this topic:

...and I think the questions should be:

"Sir, whose interest does the IG serve?"
"What professional ethics and burdens of proof are they held to?"
"Who sets the agenda they bring to their investigations?"