• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

RDML recieves NPLOC for profanity at Foc'sle Follies?

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I was wondering about that as well, but when CO of the ship is the one who reported him (for other things, but still......) then I think that something more went on there than is in the article.

Hozer

Jobu needs a refill!
None
Contributor
5 month investigation? Jesus...what a f-ing waste. So what's his consolation prize? Does he get to head up the NEXT Task Force Uniform?

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I was wondering about that as well, but when CO of the ship is the one who reported him (for other things, but still......) then I think that something more went on there than is in the article.
Funny, the five bridge Officers stating the Captain tended "to fly the ship", seems to indicate a bit of SWO v Airdale lack of love?:rolleyes:
BzB

exNavyOffRec

The Reactor Officers out there should get a copy of this, I can't tell you how many use profanity in training on a regular basis.

I will say the times I was thru the straits of Malacca I never remember going that fast.

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
Funny, the five bridge Officers stating the Captain tended "to fly the ship", seems to indicate a bit of SWO v Airdale lack of love?:rolleyes:
BzB

That was kind of the same vibe I got reading it, but then again, it's not a 7 billion dollar race boat.

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
So what's the takeaway here? Get butthurt you lost a senior officer's confidence for doing something unsafe and you can get him repremanded because he cussed at a social event a few weeks back? What does that have to do with the Admiral's ability to conduct his duties? The fact that the Navy even entertained an investigation, let alone carried it out and reprimanded the Admiral makes me angry.

If I wanted to work in an environment without profanity I would've stayed a civilian.

smittyrunr

pilot
Contributor
BzB

THAT would never happen!

When I first heard about this back when the Admiral was relieved (and hearing that the CO had called the IG), my thought was, wow- I can't imagine how uncomfortable the ship must be if the Admiral and CO had that kind of relationship... I wonder if that contributed to any "tense-ness" on the bridge.

-Recovering CVN OOD

707guy

"You can't make this shit up..."
So I'm wondering if the Captain's conduct of ship ops was ever investigated? If the Admiral was right to question his "driving" then why did the investigation go further?

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
THAT would never happen!

When I first heard about this back when the Admiral was relieved (and hearing that the CO had called the IG), my thought was, wow- I can't imagine how uncomfortable the ship must be if the Admiral and CO had that kind of relationship... I wonder if that contributed to any "tense-ness" on the bridge.

-Recovering CVN OOD
Could you elaborate on why "THAT would never happen"?

Right or wrong, it took a big set of 'cajones' to put his own BGC on report to the IG. Win or lose, nothing positive could come out of that situation... for anyone involved.:(
BzB

smittyrunr

pilot
Contributor
Could you elaborate on why "THAT would never happen"?

Right or wrong, it took a big set of 'cajones' to put his own BGC on report to the IG. Win or lose, nothing positive could come out of that situation... for anyone involved.:(
BzB

Sorry, need to install the sarcasm font... SWO/Aviator hate was a near constant source of friction on the bridge. For those that don't know, ship drivers on the CVN are generally 2nd tour SWO JOs, LDO/CWOs, and P-3/Helo/E-6 bubbas doing their disassociated. In general terms, those that had been previously OOD qualified on another platform (the SWOs, LDOs/CWOs to a lesser extent) did not always take kindly to the (aviator) CO, (aviator) XO, (aviator) Gator, and (aviator) ANAV correcting their ship driving. In some cases, it was just a difference in handling the bigger boat, in others there was definitely a mentality difference in how the aviators looked at a situation and took action compared to the SWOs.

I would just be curious if a particular subset of the "bridge officers" mentioned in the article were the ones that complained about the CO "flying the ship."

Agreed that nothing positive could come out of that situation.

Have I said enough to ignite a good SWO vs aviator fight? :D

Mumbles

pilot
Contributor
THAT would never happen!

-Recovering CVN OOD
Does anybody else remember the O.P. Honors saga? He and Krafty, (the CSG CDR) didn't like one another either.

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
It sounds as if the SWO RADM was the one getting screwed here. He told a subordinate how he wanted things done in his command and the subordinate ratted him out for a unrelated matter that sounds dubious. I hope there's more to this, because right now they all smell like douche.