• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Random questions about ocs and being an officer. Mustangs get ITT

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
OAR: 46
AQR:4
PFAR:5
FOFAR:4

My current GPA is 2.59, and will probably be the same by the time I graduate.
So first question is: do I have a good chance at getting SNA?
Realistically, your chances are slim to none. The ASTB/OAR is potentially fixable, but your GPA is what it is. Wishin' you luck on the package you've already submitted.
BzB

Mark Spanel

I appreciate the honesty, really. It's surprisingly hard to find a good answer to that question. My recruiter was feeding me BS about having a great chance and that the acceptance rate for SNA was 90%

Mr Spenz

"Your brief saved your flight' - every IP
pilot
Well I finally got my profile approved, so here is go with my questions, after some background info as that seems like an appropriate trend in new threads.

I'm a management student, graduating this summer. GPA will probably be around a 2.5-2.6, some volunteer work and leadership experience. I've already sent in my kit for SNA, NFO, and SWO.

So first question is: do I have a good chance at getting SNA?

Second thought: after I applied, I've been thinking about enlisting instead of trying to be an officer for various reasons (wanting to experience both enlisted life and later officer life, higher chance of being stationed with my fiancé). What would happen if I got offered an officer contract and I turned it down? Would I get a chance to apply for officer later in an enlisted career?
You don't know until you apply, no one can answer that question. Though chances aren't as great as others with higher ASTB/GPA. Goal in mind should be to do everything to make your packet as strong as possible, leave it all on the field.

Mark Spanel

well my package is already being submitted, so there isn't anything else i can add or do about it now. i had a couple of good character reference letters, one was from a current captain in the air force and another one was from a retired colonel who taught at the air force academy and was a professor of mine.

my gap sucks though. its like 2.59 now, and if I'm lucky will be above a 2.6 by the time i graduate.

heard on here that SWO slots are closed for the year. pls confirm