• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Random Griz Aviation Musings

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
1544 nm for me. I'd make that in about 19 hours flight time.
Fine...how about Walnut Ridge, KARG. That is about 700 from me, 600 from @ChuckMK23, and I guess a little over 700 from you. It has a restaurant in an old 737 and was an Army Air Corps and USMC training base during WWII. Nice museum there.

Griz882

pilot
Contributor
Flying around DC must be a nightmare.
It keeps you awake. Once you know the rules and get cleared it is not too bad. Still, being based inside the FRZ as I am makes flying around the patch practically impossible. Out of five tries I have only once been approved for pattern work at VKX. Typically I just head over to Fredericksburg VA or Saint Mary’s in MD to goof around. Bad part about St. Mary’s is those sky hogs at Pax River. ;)

zipmartin

Never been better
pilot
Contributor
Fine...how about Walnut Ridge, KARG. That is about 700 from me, 600 from @ChuckMK23, and I guess a little over 700 from you. It has a restaurant in an old 737 and was an Army Air Corps and USMC training base during WWII. Nice museum there.

I flew that airframe in my first year at SWA. The restaurant proprietor lets people autograph the interior. I signed with the day I logged time in it and the CAPT I flew with. You know you are old when some of the actual airframes you've logged time in are now now on display at places like the USS Midway Museum and NAS Ft. Worth JRB.

Griz882

pilot
Contributor
I flew that airframe in my first year at SWA. The restaurant proprietor lets people autograph the interior. I signed with the day I logged time in it and the CAPT I flew with. You know you are old when some of the actual airframes you've logged time in are now now on display at places like the USS Midway Museum and NAS Ft. Worth JRB.
View attachment 22080
You're not old @zipmartin, you just aged batter than that airframe. Maybe you were flying it like an A-4 rather than a 737?

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
The air bridge to Duxford for the 75th anniversary of D-Day is beginning. About 15 C-47s/DC-3s flying to the UK on the same route used to ferry aircraft to the ETO. On D-Day they will join something like another 20 C-47s from around the world and recreate the airborne invasion. Plan is to drop about 250 recreator paratroopers. When I was in Normandy a few weeks ago there was a lot of excitement about this event.