• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Random Griz Aviation Musings

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I heard the H-2, in its last version, was quite sporty. That so?

ATIS

My understanding is that the SH-2G was quite the helo and a had a very nice ASW suite. Of course the fuel system was still a nightmare.

I flew and worked with a few late model H-2 folks, they much preferred it to flying any -60 variant. A sports car mentality.

Cheers
Collin

jmcquate

Contributor

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
Here is a blast from the good old days. Has anyone noticed that the helicopter in the Mercedes Benz C Class commercial is an H-2 Seasprite? I wonder who operates it.

At about 15 seconds...
Wondering if it’s CGI vs “real”. The only flying H-2’s are in New Zealand ??...

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
The high temp was 12 degrees F today - most GA airports are NOTAM'd close - so what does an old pilot do for fun on a sunny frigid day? 65 HP works just fine on a negative DA day!

50784591_10216261188459679_5553317551800320000_n.jpg

xj220

Will fly for food.
pilot
Contributor
I don’t know, but a badass commercial. I’ve always liked Mercedes commercials. Maybe that’s why I bought one...

xj220

Will fly for food.
pilot
Contributor
Well, there’s that. BUT, USAA has great deals on Mercedes with their car buying program. I got a great price and love my car.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Wondering if it’s CGI vs “real”. The only flying H-2’s are in New Zealand ??...

There were a couple of FMS birds that were going to be sold to S. America, but that disappeared. Not sure where those aircraft went, but I think they never left the desert.

I work with a guy who flew Kiwi H-2s (I think he was a squadronmate of @Jim123 or was just before his time). He said they were a blast to fly.