• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Random Griz Aviation Musings

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
Forward-looking? Chuck, it's on the side of the aircraft... ;)
This mount and config is common to every other Federal 3 letter agency in DOJ and DHS that operates the C-206, and there are many. The forward view is quite good with high magnification and stabilization. And the camera/sensor slews in 360 when locked on a TOI.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Sometimes the Navy even does it. c 2004, colorized.

53313872615_5afce96129_h.jpg

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Did that -60B sideflare that approach. Crewman looks like he’s going to fall out.

I think he's hawking that tailwheel clearance...

Correct. I can't tell who's who in that pic, but I think both crewmen are nuggets, based on some of the other pics. Or one of them is the senior crewman. It's tough to tell. The PAC was a 2P and our OIC is in the left seat. I was jealous because I'd never done forward VERTREP before and wanted to try it. I ended up getting to do it on my next deployment.

If I'm remembering the events of the picture correctly, it was only 3 or 4 pallets which I believe would have totaled around ~2400 kilos or ~$48 million 2004 dollars of product that morning.

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
Correct. I can't tell who's who in that pic, but I think both crewmen are nuggets, based on some of the other pics. Or one of them is the senior crewman. It's tough to tell. The PAC was a 2P and our OIC is in the left seat. I was jealous because I'd never done forward VERTREP before and wanted to try it. I ended up getting to do it on my next deployment.

If I'm remembering the events of the picture correctly, it was only 3 or 4 pallets which I believe would have totaled around ~2400 kilos or ~$48 million 2004 dollars of product that morning.
That has the makings of quite the FITREP bullet!