• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Random Griz Aviation Musings

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Pretty extensive annual this year, replacing a few ribs and some fabric work on the wings, repainting the whole bird so she is all the same color of Cub Yellow, and swapping out the A65 for an A85. View attachment 39042View attachment 39043
I have thought a lot about swapping out my continental 65 for an 85 in my Luscombe. What was your thought process in coming to that decision.

I have heard some people say it's not really worth the 20 extra horsepower unless you actually had on a 85 laying around the hanger.

VMO4

I have thought a lot about swapping out my continental 65 for an 85 in my Luscombe. What was your thought process in coming to that decision.

I have heard some people say it's not really worth the 20 extra horsepower unless you actually had on a 85 laying around the hanger.
Well, your thoughts are close to mine. I have flown a 90 horse Cub on my field, and while it does climb a little better, it is not really faster. If my 65 had a bunch of life left in her, I would not swap, but my 65 is in need of a tear down, and I do have access to a 85, that I know the history, at a good price, to get me back in the air. If your 65 is running fine, keep it, I do not think the slight upgrade in performance is worth the hassle or cost.

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
Is it a CAP aircraft? Why KC? Which airport? Did you read your Arrowhead Stadium TFR?
CAP C182, KIXD (New Century),
AF flight clinic for active duty, reservists and GS pilots - knock out recurrent for those coming due, aircraft transitions for new active duty coming into the unit, etc.

We even have a 2 star AD GO coming !

GroundPounder

CAP C182, KIXD (New Century),
AF flight clinic for active duty, reservists and GS pilots - knock out recurrent for those coming due, aircraft transitions for new active duty coming into the unit, etc.

We even have a 2 star AD GO coming !
I'm sure you know this, but that used to be NAS Olathe.

It also used to be in the middle of no where, surrounded by corn and livestock.

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
I'm sure you know this, but that used to be NAS Olathe.

It also used to be in the middle of no where, surrounded by corn and livestock.
That right! @ChuckMK23 make you go to the little museum and airplane park they have there and celebrate your navyness! My dad flew Corsairs out of there as well as a few other types. Also, get one of these for your collection…
IMG_1655.jpeg