• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Random Griz Aviation Musings

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
Hurlburt sent their the entire AC-130 fleet to WPAFB this week to escape Ian. The departure home from yesterday was posted...

If you guys ever hurrevac up here and need office/wifi/coffee space, I'm right on the flight line at the Air Terminal - please let me know!

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
For you model airplane nerds out there - Tamiya released a 1/48 scale model of the F-35A at the Tokyo Hobby Show this week. Also announced was a perfect replica model of the flight school ensign motorcycle of @mad dog. @mad dog action figure sold separately ?

mad dog

the 🪨 🗒️ ✂️ champion
pilot
Contributor
Wait a minute. Notice to Air Missions. Is that a real thing? Did they change it?
Yes, they changed it fairly recently…BUT…I’m indicating [via index finger in the pic] the incorrect spelling of “HELICOPTOR”.

mad dog

the 🪨 🗒️ ✂️ champion
pilot
Contributor
SH-60B from Hunt for the Red October, more your style…and era!

View attachment 36403
I dig it…and if you ever see a Scooby Doo Mystery Machine SH-60B [with a forward tail wheel and radome], please let me know…currently sporting a UH-60 Mystery Machine [ from @ChuckMK23 ] on my CWU-36/P NOMEX jacket [see below].

NOTE: The large rectangular green Velcro area is covering a hole that was created by me when I wiped out big time on my skateboard a few years ago at the local skatepark.

895141F0-E65C-486D-ADD6-A1F53E636409.jpeg

FrankTheTank

Professional Pot Stirrer
pilot
Haven’t posted anything in here for a while.. But saw this beauty fly in today for our (KFYE) monthly luncheon…. And with CAP markings, I immediately thought of Chuck..?
9B22A9F0-2A60-424A-9B56-DD7D86F3FB6A.jpeg
Afterwards jumped in my RV and caught up to my buddy’s 170 on his way back to Millington.. Anybody familiar with the area, that’s Arlington in the background.
137D04A7-0801-4B45-A71D-689BB8F6E009.jpeg