• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Random Griz Aviation Musings

taxi1

pilot
Cool story, jealous!

Whenever I read this, "Waterbury logged in over 5,000 hours without an accident..." I append "...and one with". ;)

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
"Waterbury logged in over 5,000 hours without an accident and 4,000 sirtues known as attacks made by troops coming out from a position of defense."

Umm...? :D

We had an Army Reserve MSGT when I was in Iraq, civil affairs guy who had white hair, and DFAS stopped paying him after his 62nd birthday.

There was a USAF LtCol at Whiting about ten years ago (VT people will remember him) and he was really mad as his 62nd birthday was approaching. I flew with him the week before the date and told him, "Ya know, they are literally going to stop paying you, not that you don't know already. I've seen it happen to a deployed guy."

We had a medical guy drilling at my NOSC (can't remember if he was a doc), Navy Reserve CDR, who'd enlisted as a Corspman prior to the fall of Saigon. The reserves actually kept him on past 62 but not by much, maybe only a year or two IIRC.

GroundPounder

You can get away with that kind of thing in the National Guard. I knew army warrants flying in Iraq who flew in Vietnam!

LT. Colonel Jeff Waterbury's career ended on a high note. The fighter pilot was on his last flight as a member of the 162nd squadron.
He was on a combat mission with another pilot.
When he climbed into the cockpit he said, "I looked out one last time. Everything below me, the earth, Tucson, Phoenix." He said he as so far up he could even see the coastline of Mexico.
Waterbury logged in over 5,000 hours without an accident and 4,000 sirtues known as attacks made by troops coming out from a position of defense.

Not many people can say their last flight was a combat sirtue over the United States...... Not cracking on his service, Lupita Murillo's is the one that wrote this piece. Either that, or the Battle of Tucson did not get much coverage in my neck of the woods.

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
Not many people can say their last flight was a combat sirtue over the United States...... Not cracking on his service, Lupita Murillo's is the one that wrote this piece. Either that, or the Battle of Tucson did not get much coverage in my neck of the woods.
"In 2020 we took a little trip, down the mighty Santa Cruz River"