• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Random Griz Aviation Musings

FrankTheTank

Professional Pot Stirrer
pilot
Loving this GA flying. Got out with daughter this morning.
Here is a shot my son took down the wing line of my neighborhood.
My house is top of the cove with the royal blue pool. In the selfie pic it’s in top right corner. Good times. This airplane is awesome!

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
RVs look right in quite a few "period" paint schemes. It doesn't hurt that they're clean, fast looking airplanes to begin with. Late WW2/early post-war USN navy blue is another goodie and my second favorite (most favorite is USN interwar gray fuselage and wing bottom/yellow wing top/bright tail, fuselage band, and wing top chevron, but that scheme would be a mismatch for the all-metal RV).

The RV's P-51 tail naturally lends itself to USAAF colors and there are a few of them out there sporting invasion stripes, nose art, or other really great commemorative motifs.
This guy put a radial in his RV...calls it a “poor mans Hellcat.”

FrankTheTank

Professional Pot Stirrer
pilot
Sadly, because of the SFRA I can’t get an aerial shot of my house. Great pics...looks like the kiddies love it.
Bummer.. I didn’t even know she had set an alarm to go out fly this morning before it gets so damn hot! The kids are in love with it. Now they BOTH want to get their PPL. My son has always wanted to fly but now she is even looking at flying for National Guard. My son is pretty dead set on #FlyNavy

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Now I’m curious! I wonder if there is something in your Ops Specs.

There is one antennae per GNS - guessing somewhere on the tail boom - WAAS to my knowledge does not use a separate antenna.
Also the 430w and 530w RAIM monitoring is automatic. I wonder if there is a requirement to display the annunciation on your PFD and that’s where the disconnect is meaning the aircraft SW can’t do it.

I'm not convinced there's an actual reason and it has more to do with institutional inertia of the head IFR guy.

I'm not smart enough to know where to look to see if WAAS is being received (I'm assuming there's something in the system menu to confirm that). I'll have to dig around and look. We do have a separate annunciator panel that shows all the required alerts (TERM, MSG, APP, etc...you can see it right above the GMX in my pic), along with the system message on-screen for each unit. Approach-wise, there's just no way to show the GS on the PFD, from what I can tell (and have been told).

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Chuck, if you're into the flying and camping thing, you should look into the RAF. They do a lot of great work around the country, reclaiming old fields and "beautifying" them for use.