• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Random Griz Aviation Musings

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Took my wife to brunch last week up to SSI in GA. Not surprisingly, it was busy for a weekday. I don't know what all these people do, but apparently they get paid a lot of money to not do it at work.

52480625322_f3ea8751ee_b.jpg

Update: 50 kt headwind... I think I can, I think I can...

Last year I flew from Tucson to KSEE, which would normally be an easy 2.5 along the border up at 10K'. On that day I was finally shooting the RNAV into SEE 4.5 hours later. I had 50 knots in the face the entire time...just painful.

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
Took my wife to brunch last week up to SSI in GA. Not surprisingly, it was busy for a weekday. I don't know what all these people do, but apparently they get paid a lot of money to not do it at work.

52480625322_f3ea8751ee_b.jpg

Last year I flew from Tucson to KSEE, which would normally be an easy 2.5 along the border up at 10K'. On that day I was finally shooting the RNAV into SEE 4.5 hours later. I had 50 knots in the face the entire time...just painful.
St. Simmons is on my “must do” list.

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
Yeah…and what’s that “Man In” stuff all about?
Clearly not turbo! - Maybe 26-28" in seal level takeoff power @ full throttle. Climb checklist says 23", Prop full forward/2400 RPM. and mixture to 15 GPH for duration of climb. Cruise at 7000' at full throttle is typically 23" / 2200 RPM / 12-13 GPH leaned to 50 degrees ROP. Cowl flaps closed!

Last edited:

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
Frank Robinson has died: official announcement.
An innovative man who's products have been controversial at best and detremental at worst to the helo training market. The fact that the low costs of these machines resulted in being embraced outside his vision for transport and recreation - instead being embraced by the training sector. A step back for helicopter aviation.

number9

Contributor
An innovative man who's products have been controversial at best and detremental at worst to the helo training market. The fact that the low costs of these machines resulted in being embraced outside his vision for transport and recreation - instead being embraced by the training sector. A step back for helicopter aviation.
I remember having my eyes opened to that issue (R22 suitability as a trainer) after reading the "Your Trainer" section here: https://philip.greenspun.com/flying/helicopters