• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Random Griz Aviation Musings

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor

Randy Daytona

Cold War Relic
pilot
Super Moderator
Good lord - I thought I had seen every possible failure mode on a Bell 206/TH-57...

Pitch links wrapped around to shaft...

View attachment 35848

Full report here:

I have never seen anything like that either - amazing that no one died.

I heard of a 206L in the GoM that had a bellcrank break on the collective leaving it stuck and unable to even autorotate - pilot returned to a runway and slid it on beautifully at 70+ knots and lived.

Griz882

pilot
Contributor
Another WTF event: almost certainly a federal agency aircraft

Pilot calls back to co-pilot…” Did I say the lav door was on the left? I meant the right, the lav is to the right. Charlie? Can you hear me?”

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Another WTF event: almost certainly a federal agency aircraft

Owned by SPORE LTD, LLC in Colorado Springs. One report is the dude tried to jump from the plane into a lake rather than make an emergency landing for a gear problem. Huh? ??

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
Nice DC area gig...

Griz882

pilot
Contributor
Owned by SPORE LTD, LLC in Colorado Springs. One report is the dude tried to jump from the plane into a lake rather than make an emergency landing for a gear problem. Huh? ??
SPORE (assuming it is the same group) is a leading company in pot growing and currently working hard to legalize mushrooms. I guess the co-pilot was “higher” than he thought he was!

JoeBob1788

Some newer helo pilots had us casting out at 20 knots for 20’ instead of the normal 10 for 10 (also on our cast master of course). You felt like you lost a fight, and had good dose of mother ocean rammed up the ol tail pipe no matter how hard you clenched. No idea when he jumped but anything over 30 for 30 I’d ride the aircraft in for sure!

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
SPORE (assuming it is the same group) is a leading company in pot growing and currently working hard to legalize mushrooms. I guess the co-pilot was “higher” than he thought he was!
I was trying to confirm that. Looking at Flight Aware activity I wouldn't think so. But hey, would explain a lot!