• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Random Griz Aviation Musings

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
19 GPH with a IO360 4 banger? Wow!
Uhhh…that would be a Turbo Charged Lycoming HI0-360-F1AD, thank you. Actually, with the first legs all heat and montains, I’m not too disappointed. I normally fly at about 1550 TIT to bring in 16 GPH but with the altitude and heat (115 F on day 1) I had to run closer to 1420 so as not overheat,

Griz882

pilot
Contributor
More thunderstorms so another wait…but saw this lovely old PV-2 Harpoon in mostly original military configuration (the upper turret is missing) with bomb bay doors, forward firing gun ports, and the old rear observer windows in place. Next time one of you guys leave me oh, say, $6 million, I’ll buy it, fix it up, and name it after you!

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
Uhhh…that would be a Turbo Charged Lycoming HI0-360-F1AD, thank you. Actually, with the first legs all heat and montains, I’m not too disappointed. I normally fly at about 1550 TIT to bring in 16 GPH but with the altitude and heat (115 F on day 1) I had to run closer to 1420 so as not overheat,
That's awesome - had no idea there was an application of the IO360 with a turbo.

Griz882

pilot
Contributor
Well, while cooling my heels, I see I am at least in friendly territory…
How far did you get? Going home or pressing on when able?
I am driving on! Day one was a litany of minor disasters designed to test my panic response (and skill since I have very little hot and high helicopter experience). Day two I moved, but the weather made it a bust. Today I have made short little jumps around thunderstorms but had to divert to El Paso for yet another wait!

GroundPounder

Well, while cooling my heels, I see I am at least in friendly territory…

I am driving on! Day one was a litany of minor disasters designed to test my panic response (and skill since I have very little hot and high helicopter experience). Day two I moved, but the weather made it a bust. Today I have made short little jumps around thunderstorms but had to divert to El Paso for yet another wait!

Why the long loop along the border?

Griz882

pilot
Contributor
Lowest way to cross the Rockies in the US that doesn’t take you into White Sands! If it were cooler I would have gone a little north to cross at Albuquerque.

Griz882

pilot
Contributor
Whatever you do…DO NOT DOR and sell it before you get back to VA…keep heading to the east…and keep that NR up, dude!
What does DOR mean on a solo cross-country? And east…something about the sun and being least.

I think I’ve got it!