• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Raising Arizona ... Guns, Illegals ... what next???

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Arizona House Approves Concealed Carry Bill ....

When forwarded from an Amigo who lives in the Grand Canyon State/Copper State (pick one), I thought: so what?? You can already carry in Arizona ... and then I realized it's to allow carrying WITHOUT A PERMIT !!!

Ahhhhhhhh ... responsibility ... personal accountability ... civilization. :)

It might even make one think that when CA falls into the Pacific ... it might be prudent to move to AZ to take advantage of its 'new' beachfront properties ... :)

Treetop Flyer

pilot
Well done Arizona!!!

"Supporters say gun restrictions only affect people who want to follow the rules because criminals will carry hidden guns regardless of the law."

The above statement makes perfect sense but too many states subject themselves to gun "control". This makes me very happy as a future Arizona resident.
Another victory for the second amendment: "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed. "

Picaroon

Helos
pilot
I like CCW permits and think they're a good thing. I don't like this at all. My neighborhood is filled with sketchy people. I don't want them carrying concealed guns with no repercussions if they are stopped by police, especially if they are walking through my apartment complex. Additionally, I don't like that citizens with no gun training and no training in the legal use of force can carry concealed either. The CCW course is important in my opinion as a basic form of training for anyone to carry concealed. We take driver's ed and a basic test to get our driver's licenses because we're being given a permit to use something that can easily kill people in the wrong hands. Make people take a 1 day class on concealed weapons before they can use them. All of the people out there whose concealed carrying makes me safer have more than that minimum amount of training already.

HueyCobra8151

pilot
If your neighborhood is filled with sketchy people, then there is a good chance they are already carrying concealed weapons without a permit.

Also, keep in mind that in Arizona you can open carry a firearm already, so your comparison to drivers licenses is a little skewed, IMO.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
The "you've gotta' be licensed to drive a car" is ALWAYS the last ditch maneuver of the 'anti-'crowd when they have nothing else to offer ... and I trust that's NOT you in that crowd, Pic. You're misguided w/ regard to that particular 'comparison', so for your credibility -- don't go there -- it makes you look ill informed.

The 2nd Amendment is a right ... always has been; always will be ...

Driving is a privilege ... always has been; always will be ...

I don't 'like' people w/out training carrying firearms, either -- but that's not my call and I can't stop 'em as I am only responsible for myself -- not the rest of the populace. I don't like-a some people WITH firearms training carrying CCW for that matter, as a one, two, 7 or 14 day firearms course of ANY kind does NOT cure 'stupid' any more than a driver's license cures speeding and drunken driving ... but that's not my call, either. I'm an 'elitist' of sorts on some things, but not when it comes to the basic right we all have to protect ourselves & the people for whom we are responsible.

As far as 'CCW permits' are concerned ... ?? Sketchy people are ALREADY carrying sans CCW. Sketchy people can't qualify for CCW's -- that's why they are 'sketchy'.

Bottom line: sketchy people don't need no steenkin' permits, up to and including your driver's licenses-s-s-s-s-s-s-s comparison ... they never have; never will ...

hokieav8r

~Bring the Wood!~
None
Amen to that. Prior to this motion by AZ, VT actually was the only state in the union not that have any docs in order to carry concealed. I certainly hope that the states that allow other states conceal and carry to pass thru or into their states follow suit with the same idea. That would be a great security to the law abiding people of our great nation. Thanks for bringing this to the attention of those who care!

SkywardET

Contrarian
How dare Arizona place any level of trust in its citizens like that? It's such simple logic; anti-gun laws always eliminate all possibilities of gun-related violence! That's why there are never any gun-related crimes in gun-free zones such as schools, post offices, etc. The criminals know better than to bring a gun there!

This is an outrage!!! :icon_wink

Picaroon

Helos
pilot
THAT's IT !!! The other shoe has fallen !!! I'm movin' to Arizona as soon as it becomes beachfront property ... !!!

Arizona Clears Strict Immigration Bill
... WSJ

I wonder what they're gonna' do for a hat trick??

You know things are bad when it's considered "strict" for us Arizonans to be able to enforce immigration law within our own borders.

By the way, this comment:
"The bill constitutes a complete disregard for the rights of nonwhites in Arizona. It effectively mandates racial profiling."
Really f*cking pisses me off. Playing the race card is pathetic and stupid with immigration policy. Illegals can come from anywhere--Europe, Australia, Asia, Africa... some are white, some are black, and some are from other races. The fact is that because of its proximity, most illegals in Arizona are from Mexico. This does not mean that there's any sort of racial profiling or racism against nonwhites.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Not sure how they are going to be able to implement the immigration one fully, I hope they have a lot of jail space.

SynixMan

HKG Based Artificial Excrement Pilot
pilot
Contributor
You'd think it'd be pretty easy to put them on a bus and send them back, no?

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
You'd think it'd be pretty easy to put them on a bus and send them back, no?

For logistic and legal reasons they will likely have to hold a lot of them, they have to check to make sure they really are illegal and they probably could appeal their arrest. Plus I am pretty certain it is only the feds responsibility to actually deport them, I am not sure Arizona could legally do that. In that case they would have to hold them until the feds come and get them.

HeloBubba

SH-2F AW
Contributor
The Arizona State Senator that helped author the bill was on a local talk show yesterday. He stated that Arizona law enforcement has a close enough relationship with ICE, that ICE will come and pick-up any "illegals" that the local LEOs round up.