• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Racism in the Military

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
Should I now follow the guidance given to imminent deployers instead of that issued by my own O7 commander at a shore training command?
No, just don't rub it in. You're doing the equivalent of eating a leg of lamb in front of a starving person.

Also, if the policy writ large is stupid (and it is), then how much noise was made before SECDEF released a spreadsheet where 38 states were cleared for travel and leave but not a single base commander agreed?

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
But you go ahead and keep perpetuating the notion that rules don't apply to officers.
This is absurd. Following a policy promulgated by the first flag in one's chain perpetuates the notion that rules don't apply to officers? YHGTBFSM.

nodropinufaka

Honest question: as a brand new LT, did you have all of the qualifications and experience to be a DH? If not then it was appropriate for your CO not to give you an EP... you were not 'the best and fully qualified.'

The fact that someone got an EP when he was a poor performer is a bit of a separate issue. From a policy perspective, PERS empowers and encourages COs to write 'Do not recommend for DH/LCDR' on fitreps.
Yes.

I was the operations officer. The other guy was the operations officer and was removed from the position for poor performance and it was given to me.

I’m not advocating I was supposed to get the EP. I guess I worded it wrong. But this guy was fired from his job and it was given to me. Should have just been two MPs.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
No, just don't rub it in. You're doing the equivalent of eating a leg of lamb in front of a starving person.
You’ve offered pure psychobabble, wrapped in a blanket of complete misunderstanding of applicable guidance. Nice work. I think my only sensible option here is to urge you to fuck all the way off. ???

nodropinufaka

Long story short, this scenario is a reason to rate you lower than him, but not a reason to rate him as an EP. the system is designed to give you good paper when you need it (and not before). That doesn’t mean that underperforming officers necessarily get EPs just because they’re due to roll. Once again, that’s on the RS, not the system.

Sorry. Mentioned in the other post.

i was the Ops O in this position. He was senior to me and was fired from the Ops o position and it was given to me.

Like I said it didn’t matter much to me. I was leaving already and had a job lined up.

then he gets pushed on to his new command. Promotes and fails his inspection for department and SCIF.

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
This is absurd. Following a policy promulgated by the first flag in one's chain perpetuates the notion that rules don't apply to officers? YHGTBFSM.
Not absurd at all.

Draw a parallel between police perception issues and officers posting vacation pics while people are restricted to, erm 'ROM', on ships...

Sailors expect us to make policies to take care of them, not to restrict them for over two months while the ivory tower folk enjoy hiking and mojitos.

You’ve offered pure psychobabble, wrapped in a blanket of complete misunderstanding of applicable guidance. Nice work. I think my only sensible option here is to urge you to fuck all the way off. ???
Noted

Pick your rate pick your fate shipmate.

If you don’t like it you can always quit.
Do you say this to your division/department/ship? If so how did that work out?

BT

Point is - enjoy your freedoms, don't flaunt them

Last edited:

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Not absurd at all.

Draw a parallel between poloce perception issues and officers posting vacation pics while people are stuck on ships...

Sailors expect us to make policies to take care of them, not to restrict them while the ivory tower folk enjoy hiking and mojitos.
??? Keep digging into your supremely bad take.

Check this out... I take a month long det to Nellis twice a year, including 80 off station enlisted maintainers from Whidbey. Hand wringers in Whidbey wanted them to be restricted to base - no liberty. I said, fuck that. We’re going to have sensible liberty consistent with applicable COVID guidance. That means hiking and dining off base where COVID mitigation was possible. So, don’t you dare lecture me about having a double standard for our troops. I will fight for them to enjoy liberty consistent with applicable guidance - not to adhere to a standard for imminent deployers that makes ZERO sense for them.

Seriously, just STFU, because you have absolutely no idea what you’re talking about - per usual. Your incompetence is comical... A supernova of stupidity.

picklesuit

Dirty Hinge
pilot
Contributor
Congrats. NETC, who also oversees aviation training, has promulgated a more restrictive policy. And many operational commands have similar restrictions to prevent the next TR

But you go ahead and keep perpetuating the notion that rules don't apply to officers.
Even @HAL Pilot is going to agree with @Brett327 that you sound like a moron.
Quit while you are behind.