• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Questions regarding Christmas Exodus during Pilot Training

RedFive

pilot
None
Contributor
My Skipper gave me 7 days surrounding memorial day to get married in advanced. I was very diplomatic and asked OPS and my Class Advisor far in advance how many days would be reasonable -- I was willing to work with them. The answer I got was..."just put down whatever." So I asked for a week, OPS denied it, and Skipper ignored them. :D

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor
My Skipper gave me 7 days surrounding memorial day to get married in advanced. I was very diplomatic and asked OPS and my Class Advisor far in advance how many days would be reasonable -- I was willing to work with them. The answer I got was..."just put down whatever." So I asked for a week, OPS denied it, and Skipper ignored them. :D

Note: This case was likely the exception and not the rule. Wing 5 regularly gives 1/2 day prior to a weekend to get married. Students should not be surprised if they are expected to be scheduled for an event in the morning prior to their wedding if it is local, and should not be surprised if their leave gets approved but the leave requests of their groomsmen get denied for the same wedding if it is outside of the local area.

RedFive

pilot
None
Contributor
Note: This case was likely the exception and not the rule.

I suppose that was slightly misleading. My soon-to-be-bride was on her way to the sand box for her second time AND my skipper was the shit.

Caution: Not all skippers are created equal :(

acwildcat

pilot
Note: This case was likely the exception and not the rule. Wing 5 regularly gives 1/2 day prior to a weekend to get married. Students should not be surprised if they are expected to be scheduled for an event in the morning prior to their wedding if it is local, and should not be surprised if their leave gets approved but the leave requests of their groomsmen get denied for the same wedding if it is outside of the local area.

When I was in VT27 I got married on a Saturday, got double and triple pumped through sims and flights that following week then went on a cross country the next weekend. The wife was not super happy.