• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Questions from an aspiring Naval Officer

HH-60H

Manager
pilot
Contributor
JimmyK said:
I'm in the DEP for the Marine Corps, does that Naval Academy go for Marines also? The only thing my recruiter told me about was MECEP, hell thats basically what got me to join the Marines, but if I had the opportunity to go to the Academy I'd be all over that.

The reason your recruiter didn't tell you about USNA is because his job was to recruit enlisted Marines, he doesn't know/care about Officer programs. If you would like to learn more go to www.usna.edu.

KimberlyD

Just want to chime in again-if the Academy is your plan, do not let your HS Sweetheart convince you to get married (or the girl you meet at A School or the cute girl at your first command), heck, even I'll say it, do your first enlistment before considering getting married.

gaijin6423

Ask me about ninjas!
KimberlyD said:
Just want to chime in again-if the Academy is your plan, do not let your HS Sweetheart convince you to get married (or the girl you meet at A School or the cute girl at your first command), heck, even I'll say it, do your first enlistment before considering getting married.

This is good advice, pure and simple. Trust me, if he/she is worth it, they'll wait. Especially as a junior enlisted Marine, I could not even imagine being married, as I was pretty intense when it came to learning my MOS and getting stuff done. If you're looking into USNA, it's not even an option, because qualified applicants SHALL NOT be married or have any dependents.

We did have one guy at NAPS who had been married, but he had it annulled after his ex tried repeatedly to kill him. That's a whole different bag though.