• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Questions about OCS

allegroreyees

Student Naval Aviator
Does anyone know how Ship Selection works for SWOs?
It depends on your class team. In most cases, you pick in order of your overall class rank (average of your academic, PT, and inspection scores). Our class team was nice enough to give our SWOs a list of available ships and they all hashed it out together before picking.

Birdbrain

pilot
Does anyone know how Ship Selection works for SWOs?
All I know is they went into a room to hash it out amongst themselves while we chilled somewhere else until they came out with differing levels of satisfaction or dissatisfaction on their face.

allegroreyees

Student Naval Aviator
Does anybody know if the training includes drill routine with "rifles" and how long that is done?
Does anybody know if the training includes drill routine with "rifles" and how long that is done?
You’ll be issued a drill rifle that you’ll learn rifle manual with through the 5th week of OCS. Depending on your RDCs or DI, you’ll also do a good bit of rifle PT as well.

Toadbob

You’ll be issued a drill rifle that you’ll learn rifle manual with through the 5th week of OCS. Depending on your RDCs or DI, you’ll also do a good bit of rifle PT as well.
Awesome, thank you for the reply! I just closed my browser after telling myself nobody would answer this! ?
Was it very difficult training - I mean, flipping a gun around and keeping military bearing or do you get time to practice?

Skywalker

Student Naval Aviator
Awesome, thank you for the reply! I just closed my browser after telling myself nobody would answer this! ?
Was it very difficult training - I mean, flipping a gun around and keeping military bearing or do you get time to practice?
You don’t “flip a gun around.” They teach you a routine of movements and you do that repeatedly until your class does it well and does it in sync.

Larick

None
Contributor
@Wuki1191 It is not difficult, but it does take time to get the muscle movements down. Once you do, then its just matching the tempo with everyone else. Our class practiced with our class gunny during the day only and then we took the initiative to practice as a class after dinner.

Last edited:

Toadbob

@Wuki1191 It is not difficult, but it does take time to get the muscle movements down. Once you do, then its just matching the tempo with everyone else. Our class practiced with our class gunny during the day only and then we took the initiative to practice as a class after dinner.

Looks like so much fun and so much to learn!