• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Questions about Naval career path.

Nvacca

Another question.. sorry if it sounds stupid but i grew up in an Army family so most of my Naval knowledge is limited. Do i take the ASVABs? or just the ASTB's?

Semisonic9

Is there more of a difference other than the addition of nautical terms and spatial concepts stuff?

Check the ASTB section. Thoroughly.

My experience mirrors a lot of what's been said. If you've only dealt with enlisted recruiters before, then dealing with ORs is a whole 'nother ball game. I'm in the early phases of getting my packet together. Finding an OR was a pain. Getting them on the phone, or to return a phone call, is worse.

These are busy people. Be persistent. Also, from what I've heard, ORs make their nut off SWO and Nuke guys. A BDCP candidate is fairly low on list of prospects. Similarly, my OR was very honest about how difficult it would be to get an Intel slot. SNA or SNFO applicants face a similar uphill battle. They'll do it, but don't expect too much enthusiasm on their part unless you're extremely well qualified. It's a numbers game.

Call and leave brief, cogent messages stating who you are and what you want. Be polite and friendly. And carry your own ball! Do as much research online as you can. It seemed to help my recruiter take me seriously when, after bouncing back and forth on a few topics, I had a lot of information he wasn't really expecting. Help them help you.

Afterburner209

Good muster guys.
Just to add my bit of experience to those having trouble getting in touch with a OR..

I'll echo everyones comments about researching on your own. Just put BDCP in to google and the second link from usmilitary.about.com is a good resource. Obviously you had to of done some searching to find this website, which is also referred by recruiters and IMO the best resource.

Personally when I was ready to talk to a recruiter, I went to navy.com, clicked officer programs, clicked contact an officer recruiter, put in my zip code and had a number.

Get the ball rolling especially for BDCP because it drags on and takes time.