• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Question from an idiot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I don't know much about BDCP. What I do know is that you get some (all?) of your college education funded and then you go to OCS. You don't do anything during your college time related to the Navy. Is this correct?

I just read a thread saying that you get BAH while in BDCP? Is this for real? You don't do anything until you go to OCS, you don't have any responsibility, yet you get paid a brickload of money?

WHISKEY TANGO FOXTROT!?

(I ask, because if this is true, then A) what a waste of money and B) I wish I had that opportunity when I went through! I'm jealous! ;))

VetteMuscle427

is out to lunch.
None
We get E-3 to E-5 pay w/ BAH, BAS, CONUS COLA. Our college is NOT paid for... We get time in service though, so after being commissioned for 4 months I will have O-1 over 2 years.

All I can say is CHA-CHING

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
VetteMuscle427 said:
We get E-3 to E-5 pay w/ BAH, BAS, CONUS COLA. Our college is NOT paid for... We get time in service though, so after being commissioned for 4 months I will have O-1 over 2 years.

All I can say is CHA-CHING

Such bull****. What a bull**** program. Damn I wish that was available when I went through college lol.

VetteMuscle427

is out to lunch.
None
Yeah, I found out about it kinda late... I will only have about 20 months in when I graduate OCS. It is available for a max of 3 years... some guys make 75grand before that graduate college....

EODDave

The pastures are greener!
pilot
Super Moderator
It was available when you went to college. All you had to do is know where to look or who to ask.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
EODDave said:
It was available when you went to college. All you had to do is know where to look or who to ask.

It was available in 1998/1999? All I knew about was the Academy and NROTC. Of course, I got my college paid for, got a stipend, and got to play Navy every summer. I'm glad I went NROTC.

ben

not missing sand
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Yes, BDCP is great. I only wish I would have decided to join the military sooner in my college career. Oh well, I am very thankful nonetheless. BDCP is a great deal.

R

RickyDT34

Do you BDCP guys have to do anything more with the Navy then meet once a month and do a prt twice a year? You get full medical/dental, don't have to wear a uniform or stand duty? I'm very jealous too!!

ben

not missing sand
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Yep, we have to make grades, report to our recruiter twice a month (once in person), PRT every 6 months, and that is about it. No uniforms, haircut restrictions, duty, ect. We are supposed to sign a leave chit in order to leave the country, but other than that we can do pretty much whatever. It really is the best program I have heard of!

bch

Helo Bubba
pilot
aside from the fact that for your tour in college you are not getting any leadership training, yet getting all the benefits..... hmmmmm

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
bch said:
aside from the fact that for your tour in college you are not getting any leadership training, yet getting all the benefits..... hmmmmm

Now there is a thinking man.

No leadership training or exposure at all, yet reaping the benefits. Pretty strange.

It's the time in service that irks me though. Don't do jack sh!t and accrue time in service. That's just not right.

Thisguy

Pain-in-the-dick
Don't forget, that when these jokers are commissioned they have 30-60 days of leave already in the books. (Bitter guy who went straight to OCS)

Reactions: bch
Status
Not open for further replies.