• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Question for nukes

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
If your schooling is paid for by the govt (e.g. ROTC, Academy), then I'm pretty sure you lose all your GI Bill benefits. However, if you're like me, who went ROTC for a year, then got picked up for ECP, then no, you don't lose your benefits. :D

Thisguy

Pain-in-the-dick
Steve Wilkins said:
Side note: I've been to RPI. Considered going there when I was looking at colleges while I was in BOOST. No thanks. There are other places I'd rather spend 3-4 years of my life.

Seriously. I grew up in the capital region, and Troy, NY is a sh!thole. Good school or not, there are plenty of other fine engineering schools to go to.

2NFO's

I did the SPU thing too went to BOOST then went to Arizona had a full scholarship there (ROTC) and drew the entire GI Bill. Came out to be about 1100 a month. Sorry for the bone that you recieved. You may look into using it for a grad degree.

etnuclearsailor

STA 21 Nuclear OC
If you went to the Academy before your three years were completed, that;s probably why they took them away. I know I'll still have GI bill available after I finish STA 21.

konsole

Just to let you all know the deal with RPI. You cannot use that program unless you are a commuter student and working at the NPTU Ballston Spa prototypes. I was an enlisted ET2 (staff pickup), and looked into the program. decided not to do it, cause I couldn't finish in two years. Another options is New School University. They offer a Human Resource Management degree. They give about 75 credits to prior nuke enlisted. I took the ten classes remaining, got a 3.9 and went OCS as NFO.

Big thing for OCS, degree isn't important, timing is. My class we had another prior nuke (electrician) who did the take two cleps and get a B.S. of Applied Nuclear Technology from Thomas Edison. Again, timing is key, he is now in NFO training.