• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Question about IFS

Status
Not open for further replies.

beau

Originally posted by rare21
i had a piper tomahawk..

Oh god the Trauma Hawk!
angel_125.gif

Finch

GO SOONERS!!!

Jaxs170

www.YANKEESSUCK.com
Defintiely find a flight school that has low wing airplanes for IFS. I did IFS in a Grumman trainer, and it was far more difficult to land that plane than the T-34 which made life easier for me when I was finally landing the 34. My roommate did IFS in a Cessna and he really didn't think he got much out of it b/c the 172 practically lands on its own.

absolutVU

I'm going on my second solo in about an hour and I am LOVING IFS. I have to show up to "work" at my rotc unit on Tuesdays and Thursdays when I'm not flying but M/W/F have nicely been designated as IFS study days. We fly in a Diamond Katana, which everyone I have spoken to says kicks the Cessna to the curb in terms of enjoyability. Not many people have heard of Katanas so here's a link to pics of the "fleet" at my flight school if you want to take a peek... http://www.wingsmqy.com/fleet.html

jaerose

So it's got a stick instead of a yoke...nice! It's low-wing, too. Where are you taking IFS (city/state/airport)? Is it down there in the p-cola area?

JR

jaerose

Oh, I also wanted to ask that if you're still on stash after IFS (which I'm assuming we will be), then can you keep taking flight lessons...I mean would I have time? I realize I'd have to pay for it myself.

JR

absolutVU

Jaerose, were you asking me about the stick? We fly left hand on the stick, right hand on the throttle--backwards from the Navy but not that big of a deal, I guess. I'm stashed until I report to Pensacola in November and I plan on finishing my private pilot's license. The flight school estimates this will cost me about $2,000. The Navy's kicking in over 5 grand, though, so I'm not complaining at all!

absolutVU

oh, I'm doing IFS in Smyrna, TN --just outside Nashville but I know the IFS cats in VA Beach/Norfolk learn in Katanas as well.

EA-6B1

PLC Jrs 1st Inc. Kilo-3
absolutVU, I live in Antioch, so smyrna is real close to me. That's cool that you are doing out there, and especially cool that you're doing it in the Katana! Rock on.

"There were many airplanes, but it was the skinny bird that scared us the most."
- Iraqi POW on the AH-1W Cobra -

Status
Not open for further replies.