• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Question about BDCP

kung

Hi everyone,

Just took my ASTB and trying to submitt my package now. I read the previous thread about the required documents that include the App, LORs, School Transcripts, DCP, Job Reference, and ASTB score. For those that have previous submitted a package, do I need to submitt my SMARTS transcript (prior Marines) and Deans lists letters? The reason I am asking is because my recuriter took all the documents except my SMARTS trancript and Dean lists letters. He said I didn't not to submitt those two, but I heard different from someone else.

Do I have to wait until I am exactly 24 months away to even submitt my package to Millington TN? If I graduate in Dec of 2007, do I have to wait until Dec of 2005 to submitt or can I submitt it now?

I am applying for Supply, Intel, and Crypo. Does anyone how which fields is the hardest and easiest to get in?

Thank you in advance for any response. And thanks to everyone that posts on airwarriors because I would not have passed the ASTB without Airwarriors.

oztin79

I believe it goes (in order of selectiveness): 1) Crypto (because it's a tech speciatly); 2) Intel; 3) Supply.

It seems to me that if you opt for supply, you'll get it. I don't think they'd put a an applicant who's willing to take supply through the extended selection process for the other two. If you know you're highly competitive, you should know that you have a fair shot at making one of the other two. Personally, I'd leave out supply if you're really interested in Intel/Crypto.

I applied for only one designator.

Good luck!

kung

Thanks for you response oztin79. My first choice is Supply anyways. Have you been accepted into BDCP or are you still waiting? What designator did you apply for?

oztin79

I was selected for BDCP Intel about 6 months ago. That paycheck certainly made finishing undergrad a lot more interesting.

Best of luck, and if you have any other questions, you can post here or PM me.

Jared_G

OCS Date: Jul 15, 2006 (Supply)
When I submitted my package I didn't include the award letter for the Dean's List so I think you are good in that regard.

As for the communities, I would put any and all communities you want. I applied for the same exact ones you did and I was accepted into Supply. My degree, CIS, is more applicable to Intel and Crypto but I know my ASTB scores weren't good enough to get accepted. There is no sense in limiting your options...or so I believe.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I don't think they'd put a an applicant who's willing to take supply through the extended selection process for the other two. I'd leave out supply if you're really interested in Intel/Crypto.

Wrong wrong wrong! The board looks at an applicant's two or three choices of designator in the order they are listed. It doesn't make any difference which program is harder to get into or which program the Navy has a need to fill. I have seen guys pro reced for two of the three designators listed and the applicant got to pick the job he wanted. It is a myth that the board will think you super motivted and select you because you only listed one choice. If you only want that one job, ok. But it will not increase you chances to list just one program choice. If you really do want to be a naval officer more then anything else, pick three programs and list them in the order you most want them. Good Luck.

oztin79

Wrong wrong wrong! The board looks at an applicant's two or three choices of designator in the order they are listed. It doesn't make any difference which program is harder to get into or which program the Navy has a need to fill. I have seen guys pro reced for two of the three designators listed and the applicant got to pick the job he wanted. It is a myth that the board will think you super motivted and select you because you only listed one choice. If you only want that one job, ok. But it will not increase you chances to list just one program choice. If you really do want to be a naval officer more then anything else, pick three programs and list them in the order you most want them. Good Luck.

Wink, you must sit on the selection board. Thanks for dispelling the "myths."

staff

New User

Hey guys, I am new to this site and I have picked up on alot of good info. Here is my situation, I am a freshman at Texas A&M University, graduating in 2009. I want to joint the BDCP program and my recruiter told me I wouldn't be eligible until next year. My question is this: when I apply for the BDCP program and hopefully get accepted, does that acceptance also put me down for OCS after graduation or do I have to apply separately to that?

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
When you are accepted to BDCP you will be guarenteed training in the program you applied for, ie, SWO, Supply, NFO, and, of course OCS. No OCS, no flight school. One application, lots of good things to reap. Good Luck. As if we needed any more Aggies;)

eddie

Working Plan B
Contributor
staff said:
So when I apply for the BDCP I am also applying for SNA and a spot at OCS?
What else would you be applying for? a free navy scholarship?? :icon_tong

staff

pilot slots

Does anyone out there know if it is more difficult to get a pilot slot through BDCP than it would be through ROTC or some other way?

Tom

pilot
Contributor
I can't speak for difficulty in receiving a pilot slot through ROTC, but there is one thing I can talk about. The reason why I like BDCP over ROTC is that I know what I am being offered before I commit. ROTC has you commit to the needs of the service, while BDCP prevents me from driving submarines around the North Pole my whole life.