• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Question about Army flight training, re: aircraft selection

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
It makes perfect sense. (Although some things come across as sounding strange when you first read them online.)

Agree, I think it' s just semantics. When I first read the OP post, it reminded me of a young "jg' Squadronmate. At the beginning of our first combat cruise & after only 3-4 weeks of fairly mild "spring training" Dixie Station ops (CAS in SVN just prior to heading north), he turned in his wings, stating he didn't want to 'kill people' and wanted to get out and become a Prot. Minister. Well, that's a legit sentiment & goal...BUT... that decision should have been made long before the Navy spent $$$ millions flight & combat training the lad. Despite his seemingly convenient change of heart, we tracked him down years later and found that, to his credit, he actually did at least become a Minister, and still serves today in Detroit (like or not, he was posted to a different type 'war zone'! :eek: lol

As an aside, in my opinion, if a package was being scrutinized by a board, and a phrase similar to "I don't know that I have an aggressive enough personality....." popped up in a motivational statement, it would be circularly filed ASAP.:oops:
BzB

rrb82

phrog is spot on. while I completely understand and appreciate the role of Apaches, Ive just never had a specific interest in that kind sort of role, whereas the hot water that hawks get into does get me motivated and fills me with a sense of purpose. and fester, you're right too. if I was offered a job as a firefighter but they told me I would only get to drive the truck and nothing else, then I wouldn't take the job. now, being on the ladder and busting through walls, that's some cool s*&%. thanks for all the input guys. this is a cool forum; wish I would've got on sooner

KiowaDriver

Now a Hooker....
None
Except the Medevac HH-60s. We don't even have door gunner windows. Unless you count an M4 or an M9 shooting out of the bubble airvent a door gunner. LOL:D

Oh, and we own a whole different kind of up close and personal. If you're squeemish, never turn and look back over your shoulder.

You MEDEVAC guys are awesome. But dont discount shooting an M4 out the door, that is a task in our ATM. haha

hobbstc

None
Even thought I'm a guard guy, had to sit through selection about a month ago with the active guys. For commissioned slots, there was one -58 slot, 3 apache slots, 6 mike Blackhawk slots, and the rest were all A/L Blackhawk slots. Warrants had 2 -58 slots, 3 apache slots, 2 mike Blackhawk slots, and the rest A/L Blackhawks. That was a class of 60 total. No -47s.

2 weeks later, at the next class selection, there was one -47 slot so you just never know until selection day when they write it up on the board.

KiowaDriver

Now a Hooker....
None
Its also the only way you guys hit shit...;)

Ahh, a hawk guy thats a hater. Surprise surprise ;)

Anyway, OP, as you can see, whatever airframe you fly is the greatest one in the military. You will embrace it on selection day, drive to Wings or The Hangar and buy all the study guides they make for it, and you learn to love it to death.

Put a WOFT packet in and get on with it.

Harrier Dude

Living the dream

Anyway, OP, as you can see, whatever airframe you fly is the greatest one in the military. You will embrace it on selection day, drive to Wings or The Hangar and buy all the study guides they make for it, and you learn to love it to death.

Put a WOFT packet in and get on with it.

Best advice on this thread.

Coota0

None
Its also the only way you guys hit shit...;)
Coming from a -64 driver? I've seen ya'll shoot rockets and I've seen what you consider accuracy when the computer ain't thinking for you.

Kiowa driver, don't be too proud of an ATM task that says "put system into operation and engage target." And don't accuse people of wearing skirts and flying black hawks, it's not nice, besides shouldn't you be studying or coloring or something?

wow, kdubpilots.com flashback for a second.

rrb82, suck it up. There are two things you can do if you have a fear of guns, either not try or bust your ass in flight school so that you have the grades to get what you want.

SynixMan

HKG Based Artificial Excrement Pilot
pilot
Contributor
Where are you jokers hanging out now that Kiwoa Pilots is gone?

Lawman

None

Ive watched you guys miss with Hellfire.... how the hell do you even do that?

It is funny to listen to the overzelous pink teams checking in with their ammo.

"Whats that.... 3 rockets and 150 rounds of 50 cal.... yeah thanks for showing up guys, whats the Apache carrying."