• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Quantico Tmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

KBayDog

For all of you at TBS:

You must, I repeat, MUST keep checking on your TMO status once you fill out your initial paperwork (and all paperwork after that) until the movers are gone with your stuff, or your DITY paperwork is in your hands. Do not rely on them to get anything done.

When I was leaving, I had requested a date for the movers, and hearing nothing to the contrary, figured that things were good to go (as had been the case with previous PCS moves). About a week out, I hadn't heard anything (one or two others in our company had), so I called TMO to find out WTF. They said my paperwork was "incomplete" and they hadn't processed it. I was FURIOUS! Not even a courtesy call to me to let me know of the situation. Of course, they told me that I needed 10 business days for Ft Belvoir to process it, yadda yadda yadda, which was well after my move-out date AND well into my proceed/delay to Pensacola. After jumping through hoops and contacting Ft Belvoir directly, I was able to make the move happen with just two days notice. It didn't have to be that hard. BTW, this problem affected a good many lieutenants in my company, so much so that the chain of command had to get involved. It wasn't an isolated incident.

Just wanted to warn you guys that they will not inform you of any SNAFUs. Somehow, it is up to you to know that your paperwork is jacked up. Stay on those people; bug the crap out of them. Make sure they do their job. Ultimately, as with most things in the Corps, it is on YOU to make your move happen.

Taxman2A

War were declared.
Hey... look at the bright side-
At least you and everything you own are no longer in Quantico!

The most beautiful view I ever had of that place was in my rear-view mirror.

KBayDog

Right on. I made it a special point to do two things:

1. Peel off my TBS sticker before I left that place for the last time.
2. Watch the Onville gate disappear in my rear view mirror.

handjive

Blue speedo... check!
pilot
Rear View

I enjoyed that moment so much that I took a picture so I could always cherish the moment!

rearview.JPG

Ahhh... It still brings a smile to my face.

E5B

Lineholder
pilot
Super Moderator
KBayDog said:
Right on. I made it a special point to do two things:

1. Peel off my TBS sticker before I left that place for the last time.
2. Watch the Onville gate disappear in my rear view mirror.

I made it the whole 6 months without even putting that nasty sticker on my pickup.

Yeah, it was hard not to smile while leaving that place for ever!

Taxman2A

War were declared.
E5B- you mean you didn't fall for the "Even if you have a blue sticker, we will still tow you if you don't have a TBS sticker" threats? Pretty savvy. Incidentally- I peeled off my sticker about 9 months ago and still have glue residue where it used to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.