• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Pushups

badger16

None
you have to do push ups everyday...what i do is about 3 sets of thirty right when i wake up. then i'll try and do at least 6 or so sets during the day, I am in school so it depends, but at least 2 of those should be max out sets, then at night before i go to bed i do 3 sets of thirty. the first week you are so sore, but it gets better the longer you do them. and if you feel weird about doing them in public...i tend to go into a private bathroom on campus and to them there....some peoploe think it weird but if you want to get better at them you need to make time to do them.

Cobra Commander

Awesome Bill from Dawsonville
pilot
On a side note [sorry..I know this has nothing to do with the Navy], but my razors are getting dull before I even use them and it's driving me crazy. I have the gillette mach 3 cartridges. They are pulling on my facial hair rather than slicing through it and cause a lot of irritation on my face.

I think I finally figured it out: does anybody know if storing razors in the bathroom is not a good idea because of the constantly changing humidity dulling the blades?

Bote-WD-40-200ml.jpg

:D

CaptainRon

pilot
Contributor
Badger, you've done them in a bathroom at school? Frank: [laughing] You're... you're crazy man. I like you, but you're crazy.

cap006.bmp

badger16

None
yeah i think its better then doing them in front of my class while we are waiting to go in the room. that would be f'in hot to just drop in the middle of a lecture and pump out like 80...i wouldn't look like a tool at all...:D

skim

Teaching MIDN how to drift a BB
None
Contributor
On a side note [sorry..I know this has nothing to do with the Navy], but my razors are getting dull before I even use them and it's driving me crazy. I have the gillette mach 3 cartridges. They are pulling on my facial hair rather than slicing through it and cause a lot of irritation on my face.

I think I finally figured it out: does anybody know if storing razors in the bathroom is not a good idea because of the constantly changing humidity dulling the blades?
I dont see how humidity would affect the blades dulling. Maybe you bought a bad batch. Im the type of guy who shaves at 8am and has a shadow at 8:05am. I use a mach 3 and it makes my face smoother than smooth.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
..... if you feel weird about doing them in public...i tend to go into a private bathroom on campus and to them there....some peoploe think it weird ...
Don't sweat it ..... When the going gets tough, the weird get going .....

I got arrested once for doing push-ups in the men's room ... so I wouldn't recommend that particular maneuver .... plus you get urine on your hands and chest (if you go low enough).

However, it's always a "pose" when you show up at the Soriority House for a date to be doing push-ups when the girls open the door ..... let's hear it for Gamma Phi Beta (best lookin' blondes on campus) ... and Pi Phi .... and Chi Omega .... and Tri-Delts .... and .... and .... and ... *breathless* ...

badger16

None
A4's you got arrested for doing push ups in a restroom? were you pushin up against someone or something you shouldn't have? that is crazy what happend?

llc21

Some info for your razor problem:

"A wet razor leads to a dull razor. Use rubbing alcohol to displace the water. If you cannot, shake the razor dry and quickly finish the drying by passing the blade over a towel in the direction opposite to the edge (push, instead of pulling).
Storing your razor in a container of alcohol when it is not in use will help lengthen the life of your blade by keeping it sharper and hence less likely to irritate your skin. This could dissolve some lubricating strips."

Hope this helps

skim

Teaching MIDN how to drift a BB
None
Contributor
I wouldnt say the Gamma Phi's are the best looking
Early_feminists.jpg

Thisguy

Pain-in-the-dick
What are some of the exercises, aside from the obvious ones (Bench, etc.), you do at the gym to max your push-ups? I'm at about 60 push-ups in a minute right now and really need to start kickin ass.

Bench may seem like a good idea to improve your pushups, but it really isn't. Bench tests your muscular strength (heavy weight), whereas pushups are for muscular endurance (high reps). Also, bench only works your chest/arms/shoulders, whereas pushups involve all the muscles above your waist (which is why it sucks when the DIs make you hold the pushup position).

A real simple workout is anytime you're watching TV, do 50 pushups every commercial break. After a while, you'll hate watching TV.

Finally, I'm pretty sure the PRT is 2-min for Pushups and situps.

badger16

None
another thing you can do is try do get involved in a sport that will help you out. I climb a lot i don't know if you have ever tried it but its a great work out and you don't realize how strong you get at lifting and supporting your own weight...which is what push ups are all about...the push up thing while watching TV though is also a good idea.

BarrettRC8

VMFA
pilot
What are some of the exercises, aside from the obvious ones (Bench, etc.), you do at the gym to max your push-ups? I'm at about 60 push-ups in a minute right now and really need to start kickin ass.

Card exercise is pretty fun but doubt it helps much with increasing reps.

I do most of my exercises with dumbbells because for me they seem to give me a better workout as you have to constantly stabalize them, as opposed a a barbell. All my exercises are 4 sets, 12, 10, 8, 6 reps respectively. Flat, incline, decline dumbbell press, then cable flyes, followed by weighted dips.