• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Pushups/ Situps Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

tali264

whenever I do my PRT I'm told I can't lift my hands or feet once I start. If I do....I'm done and my number whenever I do that is what I get.

jaerose

That's what I've been told, too. You can stick your butt up to rest, but moving your hands/feet DQ's you and you get credit for what you've done up to that point.

JR

patbrown08

In OCS they aren't going to allow you to stick your butt up in the air, shake out your arms or any of that stuff. If they catch you they may or may not warn you and then they will tell you that you are done. As for sagging your body, well that would probably be a little easier to get away with, but if they catch you then you will be done there too. The folks at OCS go by the letter of the instruction strictly. You can rest in the up position only. And they will watch for the arms parallel to the ground, blah, blah, blah. Things in the fleet will be a little less stringent. Of course when there are 6 classes doing the PRT all at once at 0500 in the morning, some things will be missed. But I the extra time it will cost you in OCS if you don't pass it is definately not worth the chance.

jaerose

Yeah, that's the problem with PRT's before you go to OCS. People don't really know the rules. What about if I do push-ups and my chest touches the ground when I go down...'cause when my arms are parallel, my chest touches?

JR

tali264

Originally posted by gin_e
well certainly for most girls that would also be the case.
ummmm ...... well not for this girl. LOL
tongue_125.gif

kevin

what is the order for the stuff...pu/su/run or su/pu/run? how much rest is in between each exercise and are the su free footed or is someone holding your feet. so many questions, so little time.

Status
Not open for further replies.