• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Purchasing/selling home? This site may help.

HercDriver

Idiots w/boats = job security
pilot
Super Moderator
When buying or selling a home it is always important to look at comparable real estate (comps) in the neighborhood. A new web site shows this by typing in the address and it will have a place on the site for comps. You can also see previous sale prices and current value.

http://www.zillow.com/

STLEngineer

pilot
Data on that site isn't entirely accurate.

My house is 3 bedroom 2 or 3 bath (if you count the one in the basement). Zillow says it's 4/3. It also says I bought it for a good 5K less than I did.

But at least it's a start.

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Yea, Zillow comes highly recommended by many real estate agents. However, I did some testing with it and came up empty handed on 5 different properties that I have real good knowledge of what their market value is. Ultimately, the value of the home you're selling or buying comes down to one single factor....how much are you or your buyer willing to pay. Zillow can't predict that.

thenuge

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult
Cool site. All of the info on my house was right as far as city records would probably indicate. I thought the appraisal was low though. It came in somehwhere in the range of where the tax appraisal would come in (which is always low).

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
somehwhere in the range of where the tax appraisal would come in (which is always low).
Not in New England it's not. These b@stards up here have a much higher tax appraisal than what the market value is, it's not even funny.

Harrier Dude

Living the dream
I hope to God that site is correct. It has me up quite a bit from when I bought (which it had down to the penny, correctly).

Remember........Miramar is closing and EVERYTHING IS MOVING TO YUMA!!!!!! BUY NOW!!!!! DRIVE THE MARKET THROUGH THE ROOF!!!

Note: Please wait until the 2009-2012 timeframe to either dispel my marketing lies or cause the bubble to burst.

thenuge

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult
Oops. Well, in Va Beach and in Nashville whenever I got the little tax appraisal card in the mail, it was always way low.

Harrier Dude

Living the dream
Miramar is closing? Or are you just being sarcastic? :confused: /threadjack

Of course Miramar is closing. Don't you read the threads started by experienced Lieutenants who know what the Commandants plans are for the BRAC? It will close Dec 17 2011 and ALL of its assets will move to Yuma.

Yes, I was being sarcastic, but keep the rumor mill going. It helps our housing market here.