• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

PTAD before TBS

alwysfaith

AV-8B Harrier Pilot's Wife
Brad is on his way to Seattle to see the Seahawks play off game this weekend, so I am asking the questions for him, don't mind me.

Is it possible for him to get PTAD before he goes to TBS? His commissioning is on Sept 30th, so he probably won't get into TBS until Alpha Co. 2007, at the end of Nov. So that leaves some time on his hands.

Does it have to be for the OSO or can he do some I&I for his local reserve center? Does it have to be local or can he hang out in the Virginia/DC area? Or where ever else he pleases for that matter.

He has his private, so I understand that to mean that he doesn't have to go to IFS, so that shouldn't "get in the way" is he wanted to do PTAD.

For those who have had to wait, would you recommend a civilian job or PTAD?

Just some questions, thank you for your help.

Raptor2216

I can't tell you that this is absolutely going to happen but there is a good chance that he won't go to TBS for a long time after commissioning. I was also commissioned on october 6th and I had wanted to go start TBS in november but there was no chance of that happening. I am starting with Charlie Co. this april and luckily, I am going to be doing IFS prior to TBS.

Now as far as PTAD is concerned, any place that is willing to accpet him and has the funding to cut him a paycheck is good to go. If he can, I would definately recommend PTAD over a civilian job because the pay is definately better than what any part time job will provide.

ZoomByU

Woo Woo
Just to let you know he will not be able to do PTAD the whole time he is waiting to class up for TBS. I'm not exactly sure of the amount of days but I think the most he can do is 90 days. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
edit: just did a quick search and you can start PTAD 70 days before reporting to TBS, or going active, but only work 60 of them.