• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Prone Float...more like Prone Sinking.

Floppy_D

I am the hunted
pilotboy17 said:
After 3 weeks of swim hold...
Hey Drew, good to hear all's well. That's how long it took me to get over being water-tarded. I still swim 4 or 5 days a week over the the O-club pool, now that I learned to like it. Swimming beats the hell out of running. Hopefully you got a couple practice shots at the tower, too. All you have left is the dunker stuff, and I thought that shit was a blast. I got my 3 rides and was begging for more. It's the one swim event where your job is to get out of the pool. :D

Good luck, and don't hesitate to holler if you need anything.

Pat

pilotboy17

Hey Drew, good to hear all's well. That's how long it took me to get over being water-tarded. I still swim 4 or 5 days a week over the the O-club pool, now that I learned to like it. Swimming beats the hell out of running. Hopefully you got a couple practice shots at the tower, too. All you have left is the dunker stuff, and I thought that shit was a blast. I got my 3 rides and was begging for more. It's the one swim event where your job is to get out of the pool. :D

Pat, thanks again for actually coming back into swim hold! I didn't think you could do that...but you did. The tower for me is my favorite. I knew I could do it even before attempting it. It's just one of those things I'm naturally good at like others were at floating. I haven't done the jump with boots yet, but I did it with the flight suit and almost made it to the wall opposite the tower. I went extra to make up for not having boots. I can't wait for the dunker!

Krafty1

Head in the clouds
I can't wait for the dunker!

Congrats first of all!

Even people who like water and are excellent swimmers did not enjoy the dunker. You will have burning sinuses from water going up your noise and a few people in your class will end up having to make up a few rides. I'm not a great swimmer but there are some nice things about the dunker though. Swimming ability has nothing to do with how you perform in the dunker and the only thing that that makes it difficult is mental from either panicking in the water or rushing and releasing early and/or going out the wrong door (guarantee you will see that at least once). Anyhow most of the other survival water stuff is a lot of fun.

HueyCobra8151

pilot
I thought it was easier to swim underwater with the boots. The added weight isn't much of a factor, and they push a lot more water than your feet do.

pilotboy17

Update: No more tread and floating for me!!! Passed all of them in my class on the first try. Swim hold works! haha