• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Professional Reading Drop Box

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
And so should the original view point be "good", often they aren't. It is the not so good original view that demands an alternative response. Viewpoints, opinions, we have all heard it before, "like assholes, everyone has one".

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I like how the author says the Ford a lemon because it needs an updated air wing and then goes on to recommend some pie in the sky unnamed system of systems that will somehow get through the acquisition system he maligned.
He understands just enough to beclown himself with what little he understands. Of course other countries' navies look different from us. That's because they're trying to do different things with them, in relation to where they are located on the planet, what their governments view as a desired political endstate, and what they can afford.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I like how the author says the Ford a lemon because it needs an updated air wing and then goes on to recommend some pie in the sky unnamed system of systems that will somehow get through the acquisition system he maligned.

He understands just enough to beclown himself with what little he understands. Of course other countries' navies look different from us. That's because they're trying to do different things with them, in relation to where they are located on the planet, what their governments view as a desired political endstate, and what they can afford.

I think that summarizes my opinion of the War on the Rocks site as a whole, great with clickbait but short on substance.

Recovering LSO

Suck Less
pilot
Contributor
I think that summarizes my opinion of the War on the Rocks site as a whole, great with clickbait but short on substance.

I'd counter that they're better than almost every other related site out there. if you're looking for click-bait, give task and purpose a visit...

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I'd counter that they're better than almost every other related site out there. if you're looking for click-bait, give task and purpose a visit...

For serious defense issues there is a myriad of sites and publications out there that do a much better job of doing actual reporting. And yes, I agree about Task and Purpose but where else would I learn about the 14 differences between Marine and Army infantrymen?

danpass

For serious defense issues there is a myriad of sites and publications out there that do a much better job of doing actual reporting. And yes, I agree about Task and Purpose but where else would I learn about the 14 differences between Marine and Army infantrymen?
Links? Say, you're top three.

Recovering LSO

Suck Less
pilot
Contributor
Links? Say, you're top three.
Subscribe to the Early Bird through NavyTimes website. You'll get a daily email with links to more than 75 articles from various online publications. From there you should be able to poke around find any number of outlets, some of which Flash alluded to.