• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Professional Cop vs. Guy with open carry mp5 (.22 replica)

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Nothing wrong with open carry at all, but I take issue with a kid who thinks its his civic duty to go around the state to police the police as though he was an IAD guy, mostly by provoking a reaction and tying up police resources unnecessarily. Completely legal, but stupid and unnecessarily provocative.

Wingnut172N

Tumbleweed
pilot
What's wrong with open carry? I'm not saying that it's "better", just that it's not inherently unsafe.

I don't need a reason for it to be legal. The government needs a compelling reason for it to be illegal.

What was that compelling reason?

From a tactical perspective it seems that you're opening yourself up to being the second person shot, after the uniformed police officer. I'd think that concealing your weapon would give quite an advantage in the case you need to use it.

MasterBates

About every 10th person open carries here. Probably twice that conceal.

Not a whole lot of people being shot for OC here...

Sent from my PH44100 using Tapatalk 2

Harrier Dude

Living the dream
From a tactical perspective it seems that you're opening yourself up to being the second person shot, after the uniformed police officer. I'd think that concealing your weapon would give quite an advantage in the case you need to use it.

Ok, I'll buy that, but I was speaking more from a legal perspective. Why do lawmakers and some police want to prevent law abiding citizens from doing something that seems almost completely harmless? Especially compared to concealed carry, which in itself is harmless.

Like I said, I don't need a reason (compelling or otherwise) for anything i do to be legal. The government needs a compelling reason for it to be illegal.

What is that compelling legal reason?

Wingnut172N

Tumbleweed
pilot
There are situations (hunting/hiking/backpacking etc...) where I would probably be more likely to open carry than conceal. My sole point was that I think it's a better idea to carry concealed in public from a tactical perspective (I don't know how to say that without sounding like a mall ninja). From the legal perspective, we agree 100%.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I don't agree with it, but some counties/municipalities have restricted open carry (even where concealed carry is shall issue) under the premise that it freaks people out and causes a disturbance (Denver County, PDX, etc). Seems like the CC route avoids many of those legal hassles.

MasterBates

People doing things to "Feel Good" and "Not be freaked out" don't mean shit.

I LOVE fucking with tourists. And by that, I mean just going into McDonalds open carrying. I also ride my dirtbike down the street, with a rifle slung over my back on the way out to some BLM land to just go plinking.

You know who tailgates a bright yellow Motocross bike ridden by a guy with an M1 over his shoulders, and a 226 in a leg holster? Me neither.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Well, it means shit if enough people are freaked out and pass a local ordinance to prevent open carry. In some places, playing the tough guy can have negative consequences for your rights.

MasterBates

I'm exercising my constitutional right that the state and local lawmakers haven't felt the urge to legislate away.

What's wrong with that? Riding dirtbikes on the street as long as you have an ATV plate and stay off the interstate is LEGAL.
Open carry. LEGAL.

It's "normal" here.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
This is happening in more and more municipalities. This isn't a commentary on what is legal in your area, it's a reminder of what can happen if the electorate turns against you.

Recovering LSO

Suck Less
pilot
Contributor
I'm exercising my constitutional right that the state and local lawmakers haven't felt the urge to legislate away.

What's wrong with that? Riding dirtbikes on the street as long as you have an ATV plate and stay off the interstate is LEGAL.
Open carry. LEGAL.

It's "normal" here.

And being irresponsible with that right (could be defined as open carrying into a McD's for the sake of evoking reaction...hypothetically, of course...) could put you in the company of the two idiots in the OP.

MasterBates

I open carry because with my job, concealed is not going to happen. (I wear a dark blue fireproof suit 50% of the time at work. Think blue flight suit)
I also work in grizzly country, and therefore, need a damn gun on me about 90% of the time. Funny thing is, when I'm on some jobs (remote pipelines) we are required to carry bear protection. And when we get to the plant where the pipeline goes, they freak out about said bear protection.

I think it's fucking hilarious when a tourist from CA, MA, NY or CT flips their shit when they notice half the people in there have guns.

Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness.

NOT Comfort, Safety, and Never being scared.

Nation. Of. Pussies.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
In theory, that nation of pussies - properly motivated - could repeal the 2nd amendment, or to a lesser degree, make gun ownership a lot more difficult for the rest of us. How would you feel if that happened? What would you do?