• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Professional Cop vs. Guy with open carry mp5 (.22 replica)

Renegade One

None
The cop invested WAAY more time and talent into these guys than he needed to. I agree...total douches who were TRYING to elicit a police response, and were so sorely disappointed when thy didn't get the police brutality or the Constitutional Rights violation they were trolling for...

707guy

"You can't make this shit up..."
"With you guys in the area we're not going to have any crime..." Good line! I agree - they were looking for a confrontation and got nothing. The officer handled that expertly.

NavAir42

I'm not dead yet....
pilot
Way to go KFPD. That kid couldn't be more of a douche. That said, anyone here a fan of open carry? Every time I've ever seen anyone do it, it always struck me as a "hey look at me, I can carry a gun!"

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
Way to go KFPD. That kid couldn't be more of a douche. That said, anyone here a fan of open carry? Every time I've ever seen anyone do it, it always struck me as a "hey look at me, I can carry a gun!"

Open carrying a lethal weapon is retarded. There's no tactical advantage; using the wrong type of retention holster puts you at a greater risk of having someone grab your weapon, and I'm not a big fan of look at me type political statements.

There are better ways to make a political statement, such as lawful concealed carrying your firearm and being able to use it in a defensive gun use that protects your life or property.

sodajones

Combat Engineer
There are situations where I think open carry would be a positive option. Most situations, no. I think the option should always be there.

HueyCobra8151

pilot
I'd bet money that cop is a prior service Marine.

I love how he function checked the guys weapon at the end as well. Haha.

Edit: Oregon is such a weird state. Half hippy granola smoke a joint while driving a prius/subaru, and half "Don't touch my guns."

CAMike

None
Contributor
...There are better ways to make a political statement, such as lawful concealed carrying your firearm and being able to use it in a defensive gun use that protects your life or property.

I agree to some extent. Unfortunately there is a growing group of the population that didn't grown up in a firearm environment. What's worse is that those folks think they're doing society a service by trying to do away with the second amendment and/or modify it as they see fit. I think it's incredibly arrogant of the "progressive" folks to think that they're wiser than the founding fathers.

Open carry does keep the issue in front of those that don't appreciate the value and importance of firearm ownership. As I'm a California LTCCW person, I try to chat the subject up with my SF Bay Area citizens as often as possible. When I see an Open Carry person I first think... Does he/she have sagging pants? or dance the crip walk? If not- I'm OK with that. Typically bad guys don't participate int the "open carry" movement.

The open carry folks are typically protesting the fact that they live in municipalities that don't "shall issue" LTCC's. SF Bay Area and LA to San Diego County are where our local gov'ts don't issue LTCC. btw- Those are the counties with the highest violent crime rates.

Recovering LSO

Suck Less
pilot
Contributor
I think it's incredibly arrogant of the "progressive" folks to think that they're wiser than the founding fathers..

I think its pretty arrogant for a 21st century American to compare themselves to Revolutionary citizens who formed militias to help fight for the nation's independence....

HueyCobra8151

pilot
When I see an Open Carry person I first think... Does he/she have sagging pants? or dance the crip walk? If not- I'm OK with that.

Seriously? That is your method of telling the good guys from the bad guys?

And yes, I know he got 46 dislikes and only 7 likes...but the point remains: Until we start shooting these people, they are going to keep making terrible youtube videos.