• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Professional Cop vs. Guy with open carry mp5 (.22 replica)

MasterBates

Went into Loaf N Jug (think 7-11) carrying. Only question asked by attendant "is that in 9, 40 or 357".

Then again, I live in Wyoming.

rare21

pilot
Contributor
We dont have open carry in Texas, but Im amazed that many advocates state that it elevates their safety. I open carry everyday for work and I get assaulted all the time!

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
We dont have open carry in Texas, but Im amazed that many advocates state that it elevates their safety. I open carry everyday for work and I get assaulted all the time!
Funny. Of course, it is the open carry of the badge that gets you assaulted, ignoring the fact you have a gun, OC spray, Taser and baton.

rare21

pilot
Contributor
Yup, and I have all that crap! I say if someone wants to open carry and its within their right to do so, go for it. Just dont call the police when it gets real.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Don't forget the most important bit of gear. The radio, to call more cops with more guns, OC spray, Tasers, and ASPs.
So true. That is something lots of armed citizens don't consider, comms and back up.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
There's actually a pretty interesting debate going on in my hometown FB page about this guy. He has a bunch of videos and travels around Oregon "testing" police. Take a look at the video from Bend, OR and see what a great job the police officer does in parsing the issue of what he's legally entitled to do vs. what he should do as a member (or guest) of a community. The cop obviously paid attention in civics class. I'm not sure the kid followed suit. I actually had a brief You Tube comments section conversation with the kid. He was respectful, but definitely not the sharpest tool in the shed. He's also a Ron Paul disciple - figures.

Harrier Dude

Living the dream
What's wrong with open carry? I'm not saying that it's "better", just that it's not inherently unsafe.

I don't need a reason for it to be legal. The government needs a compelling reason for it to be illegal.

What was that compelling reason?