• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Professional Cop vs. Guy with open carry mp5 (.22 replica)

PropStop

Kool-Aid free since 2001.
pilot
Contributor
open carry all the time...while hiking. I do occasionally get a dirty look from one of our plentiful local hippies - but every time i see a pile of bear scat or moose nuggets, I'm happy to be packing! I should start doing so when I walk my dogs around our 'hood, some of our idiot neighbors keep putting their trash out the night before and now we have a garbage bear problem! assholes.

Of course, my situation is completely different. i'd NEVER carry openly in the city, just draws too much unwanted attention.

Besides, it's hard to carry a Ruger Redhawk .44 concealed...

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I'd bet money that cop is a prior service Marine.

I love how he function checked the guys weapon at the end as well. Haha.

Edit: Oregon is such a weird state. Half hippy granola smoke a joint while driving a prius/subaru, and half "Don't touch my guns."
Klamath Falls is definitely on the good ole boy hick side of the mountains.

CAMike

None
Contributor
Seriously? That is your method of telling the good guys from the bad guys?

And yes, I know he got 46 dislikes and only 7 likes...but the point remains: Until we start shooting these people, they are going to keep making terrible youtube videos.

Seriously? Urban clothing styles and gangster type walking is A-OK for Open Carry too. Pink Pistol members are good people too! I personally could care less about appearance as I'm not in law enforcement. The first word in my sentence "Typically bad guys don't participate in the "open carry" movement." is key to the thread subject.

If I see an Open Carry dude that is sagging and walking the crip- I'd immediately change my direction of travel.

dtxz

Looks Lost
pilot
Open carrying an MP5 is excessive... don't really know how else to put it... something along the lines of "effort shall be taken...individuals do not believe they or their property are endangered." With the recent shootings all over the country and the added fear of copycats, I'm glad the cop did what he did. The kid is a douche.

On the flip side, if I was at a movie theater or mall and an armed, mentally unstable asshole came with an agenda, I'd be damn proud of myself for remembering to open carry an MP5 that day. Although, if you're already hassling yourself by toting an MP5, why not opt for the few extra pounds to carry a rifle? You'd better be a damn good shot if you're trying to neutralize an armed (and most likely moving) crazy person with a .22LR. I digress.

C420sailor

Former Rhino Bro
pilot
They were obviously little douchebags looking for attention.

I once rode my motorcycle to the range with a backpack full of ammo/magazines and an M4 slung over it. Truck was in the shop and I wanted to shoot. Funny, no one seemed to tailgate me that day...

MasterBates

I open carry all the time. I live/work in Grizzly country. I have a 357 Magnum as a minimum to just take the trash out at night. I've had bears on my back porch.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
Klamath Falls is definitely on the good ole boy hick side of the mountains.

Agreed. Pretty much anywhere outside of the populated areas of the Willamette Valley, and those hippies are few and far between. Even OSU (where I went to school) was more conservative in population than it was liberal, I think mostly owed to the kids it attracted from some of the smaller towns in OR and the PNW.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Plus OSU is the Ag school, so you get the farm/shit-kicker types.

sodajones

Combat Engineer
open carry all the time...while hiking. I do occasionally get a dirty look from one of our plentiful local hippies - but every time i see a pile of bear scat or moose nuggets, I'm happy to be packing! I should start doing so when I walk my dogs around our 'hood, some of our idiot neighbors keep putting their trash out the night before and now we have a garbage bear problem! assholes.

Of course, my situation is completely different. i'd NEVER carry openly in the city, just draws too much unwanted attention.

Besides, it's hard to carry a Ruger Redhawk .44 concealed...

This.

I open carry every time I'm out on a hike. I like to stay at the top of the food chain.

Pugs

Back from the range
None
I think its pretty arrogant for a 21st century American to compare themselves to Revolutionary citizens who formed militias to help fight for the nation's independence....

It’s pretty arrogant to think that the first amendment that protects a person’s right to free speech, and was clearly meant to by the founding fathers to cover speeches in a town square or an editorial in a local newspaper, can be construed to mean you can express your opinion freely in a medium that can reach 7 billion people with a few keystrokes.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
And even more arrogant when people mistakenly believe that their freedom of speech means that they can say anything they want, no matter how offensive or ridiculous, and also be free from the consequences of that speech. Freedom of speech means you don't get prosecuted by the government for your speech, not that you won't get fired from your job.

TylerConnell

R6 > G6
They were obviously little douchebags looking for attention.

I once rode my motorcycle to the range with a backpack full of ammo/magazines and an M4 slung over it. Truck was in the shop and I wanted to shoot. Funny, no one seemed to tailgate me that day...

I live in Baton Rouge, LA and my experience with cagers, aka drivers, HATE sportbikes. I have been tailgated to the point of where I could read the VIN off of the windshield.

You have just given me an awesome idea to prevent that now :)