• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Prof. Rec. for NFO, Anyones else hear?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gladiator106

Hey tydaddy...thanks for replying back! Yeah, I hear that it is a dumb move to turn an offer down. Anyways, neither my astb score or my g.p.a were as good as your's or anyone else's; however, I am in grad school at Embry-Riddle which maybe played a part in being prof. recommended. Hey littledancerus, who told you that NFO was closed for an unknown amount of time?

sludge31

Hey Guys,
First time caller. I had been waiting since June of 03 until I got non select in November 03. My first choice was NFO. My specs were a 62 OAR/ 7 AQR/ 6 PFAR/ 7 FOFAR/ 3.5 GPA/ Bachelor of Science in General Biology. So, after being told to chalk the non select up to "bad timing" I decided to enlist last week. I went for my MEPS physical and got talked into going Nuke. Then, a week later I got a phone call from my Officer Recruiter to tell me that the board had emailed him to request that I resubmit for NFO. Of course I resubmitted and went down for my PRT and FINDOCS after being pro'rec'ed. I don't know what is going on with the board, but I am curious if being pro-rec'ed is a guarantee that I will get an OCS date? I have already passed my Physical and PRT (Good - High). Also, how long did it take after being pro-rec'ed before you received an OCS date? I can't help but to be skeptical after the 6 months I spent wondering, only to be let down. Any info. is greatly appreciated.

vinny

^^^I would also be interested to know if a pro rec means your in as long as you pass your physical and fitness tests. I applied around early Dec 03 and just received my pro rec for pilot a week ago. Pilot is all i applied for. I applied to air guard units too, got selected as a primary candidate at one [F-16s], but i think the navy has more to offer. I'm in it for the adventure and the G's. Besides....the super hornet makes me moist.

tydaddy

well after retaking the test...all scores went up 7/8/7 OAR 60...i think i'm going to only list 1 choice this time...last year, i listed 2 choices and got pro rec'd for the second one..obviously...anyhow, doesn't hurt to resubmit! at least that's what i'm hoping!

Status
Not open for further replies.